Pre-School and Daycare

Favorite toys/dolls for a 4-5 (or even 6)year old Girl

My DD is turning 4 next week, and I feel like there isn't a whole lot she needs. So I am looking for some new/different ideas for toys and or dolls- so trying to see what toy/doll/game does your DD play with most often?
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Favorite toys/dolls for a 4-5 (or even 6)year old Girl

• also need to change my ticker- she is not 2. Thought I deleted that ticker- sorry!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • At that age, DD started to get into My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, and LaLaLoopsy.  DS is almost 4 (in November) and he likes playing Go Fish, Trouble, CandyLand, Chutes and Ladders, and Zingo. 

For Christmas, when DD was 4.5, Santa brought her a Barbie house and her first 2 Barbies.
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD1 is 4.75. She's been really into My Little Ponies this summer. She also has a lot of Barbie sized Disney Princesses and a few Barbies that she loves. She likes to play Memory, CandyLand, and Go Fish. She also really like puzzles and arts and crafts things. She has some magnetic Melissa and Doug dolls that she has been playing with a lot lately.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Art supplies, baby doll stuff (I recently got a bigger size doll stroller for my 5 year old), sports equipment?, B-brand pop beads.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm sorry, did you mean besides ELSA?????? ;) haha.

My 5 yr old DD started getting more into drawing around 4 so she has gotten a lot of different art things over the last year or so. She has this thing called a buddha board that she really enjoys (search for it on amazon).  Crayola glitter markers are a current favorite, she just loves all different kinds of pads of paper and notebooks and coloring & sticker books,  also the crayola twistable crayons, they make some neat swirly ones... alos those Alex toys paper bag puppets & paper plate animal things are fun.  She loves princesses & also likes my little pony... she will sometimes do the lego friends lego sets  though I don't know if they make 4 yr old sets of those (DS is veryyyyy into legos and is always playing with them so it is somethign she can do with him)

Magnatiles are really cool & fun.  Also what about one of those folding chairs like tailgating chairs w/ a favorite character? (we have spiderman & princess at our house).

Games we enjoyed around age 4- zingo, candyland, chutes & ladders (don't do it. total torture for adults playing), i spy bingo, uno moo (they started playing regular uno just before age 5), the peaceable kingdom cooperative games are cute- we have stone soup, race to the treasure & sum swamp...

• When DD was 2 for Christmas we got her the little people princess castle with the princesses that talk.  It's the only toy she plays with consistently through all these years.
  • Oh, yeah, Magnatiles! Totally expensive but absolutely worth it. All three of my kids play with those things every single day.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Another vote for magna tiles. They are by far my daughter's favorite. I got them for her at age 4. She still plays with daily at 5.5. She builds houses for her little figures, dance floor for barbie, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Grace is really into her Bitty Baby. She loves changing her clothes and especially loves when they have their matching PJs on at night. We played a lot of the Little Tea Party game, Memory, more complex puzzles, and anything arts and crafts related.
    imageimage
  • DD is 3.5 and enjoys her Disney Toddler Dolls. She has Anna and Rapunzel, and I'm thinking of buying her Mulan for Christmas.

The Disney Princess Pop Up Game is also popular in our house.

• more ideas: princess cupcake game with the lIttle cupcakes they build. we never actually play the game but they love the cupcakes. Lil woodzeez or Sylvanian families. green toys tea set (actually safe to use).
  • My DD is currently obsessed with her Bitty Baby (she got it for her 3rd Christmas).  In the past few months she has been ridiculously attached.  Must "match" all the time, comes in the car with us in her carseat, has a crib/changing table/stroller/high chair...  she's currently potty training her.

Obsessed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD is currently obsessed with her Bitty Baby (she got it for her 3rd Christmas).  In the past few months she has been ridiculously attached.  Must "match" all the time, comes in the car with us in her carseat, has a crib/changing table/stroller/high chair...  she's currently potty training her.

Obsessed.
    OMG -- adorable.  Neither of my kids ever loved dolls.  Now that they are much older, I feel totally cheated!!
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"