May 2014 Moms

GTKY - One Year Later

2»

Re: GTKY - One Year Later

• BFP Date: end of Aug (I'm impressed everyone remembers the exact date)

Planned or surprised: Planned. We were originally planning to start trying in sept but I couldn't wait so we tried in July, got the timing wrong, but it stuck in Aug.

Favorite Pregnant Moment: No particular moment. Pregnancy was hard on me, being sick, gaining weight, worrying all the time. It was definitely fun telling ppl bc so many ppl were so excited for us. Also, whenever we went to the doctor and heard her heartbeat I always felt better. Also, every night from month 6 or so, she had the hiccups, now that she's born, she still has the hiccups almost everyday and I always think back to when she was inside me and hiccuping.

Anything else you want to share:
    It is crazy to think back on life a year ago and how much things have changed. As much as I didn't love being pregnant, I'm excited to do it all again soon.
  • BFP Date: 9/21

Surprise BFP or planned? Total surprise, we were done after DD2.

Favorite Pregnant Moment: everything, I love being pregnant. My favorite moment was taking DD1&2 to the u/s and finding out LO was another girl, I thought my H was going to be disappointed, but he replied "I wouldn't have it any other way!"

Anything else you want to share? Even though DD3 wasn't planned, I can't picture life without her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • BFP was August 25th. DH was in the hospital with a crazy fever (probably was Lyme or West Nile but tests were all inconclusive) and school was about to start and my classroom wasn't ready because we had been away visiting my now late but then terminally ill mother and then dh got sick soon after we got home. On top of all that AF was due sometime in those next couple days. So I POAS just to confirm that I'd better be ready for AF and also to confirm that the overemotionalness I was having about dh being in hospital was PMS and it was a BFP!! So then we were really happy but also very worried it wouldn't stick.

Planned; we'd been trying almost a year and a half and had had 2 early losses.

I generally liked being pregnant except for the food/drink restrictions and other things associated with housing this vulnerable little life like that unlike all other winters the inevitable slips and falls on ice were potentially a big deal, etc. But it also took a long time for it to feel real between PGAL anxiety/distancing and also I didn't have a lot of symptoms, was late to really show, didn't feel movement as early or as strongly as many, etc.

I liked having the pregnancy mostly secret - just something special for dh and me and our families to look forward to - for a long time. I didn't tell people at work until about 21 weeks (at new year's) . I didn't tell my students until mid February and couldn't believe they didn't notice before then! First grade, but still.. hello! though then after they knew they were really cute about it. It was also fun how various people reacted to the news - like a couple of the other teachers who werent even the ones I was most friends with or anything ere just so incredibly excited about the news! So that was fun.

I also loved (though couldn't tell this until later) that DD was already in utero doing some things that would turn out to be characteristics for her - like having her hands up by her face and moving them a certain way which I could feel and we saw in the late ultrasounds. It was cool to be able to feel/know those things even before she was born.

I also am grateful to have had a great birth experience to start her outside life.

Id better not share anything else since this is already too long!
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
  • BFP Date: Sept 2nd
    Surprise BFP or planned? It was planned, but we were surprised. We had had two previous losses and multiple surgeries over the past 4.5 years to remove fibroids and scar tissue. So we were prepared for the possibility of a BFP never happening. We had made a pact if it didn't happen by January 2014, we would explore a gestational surrogate. Needless to say, this BFP was so very welcome!!
    Favorite Pregnant Moment: @QOTR, like you I spent the entire pregnancy fretting about everything I can't think of a favorite. I spent so much time worrying that I feel like I forgot to enjoy it. Looking back, I wish I could have let go of my anxiety and just embraced it. But I guess if I had to pick something, I would say finding out we were having a little boy. Just knowing that little piece of information added an identity to this thing growing inside of me. 
    Anything else you want to share? This community has been such a blessing, especially those first few weeks after DS was born. I had no idea what I was doing and it was so wonderful to be able to log on see the rest of you either struggling with the same things, or getting advice from STMs. This place really helped bring a small piece of sanity to the chaos I had just been thrown into. Andplusalso, I am pretty much in awe of DS on a daily basis. I just stare at him and can't believe sometimes that DH and I actually could create something so beautiful and perfect. How in the world did I become so lucky to be this little guy's mommy? 
  • BFP Date:  Sept 24th

Surprise BFP or planned? Planned, but surprised it happened so fast, happened on our first try!

Favorite Pregnant Moment:  As much as I grew tired of baby boy moving all the time, I do miss it at times.  I did enjoy my belly moving, I never saw that with my first since she was stuck.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"