Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

City mini double car seat adapter

So I'm thinking i want the city mini double for my upcoming 2u2.

When I talked to the lady at my local baby store she told me how it's a great stroller, blah blah. But went on to tell me how the car seat adapter is really annoying and cumbersome. That you basically put it on and it doesn't come off until you're finished with the infant seat. That it's heavy and sits weird on the stroller.

Did anyone else find this? It doesn't have great reviews on amazon but I don't know what other options there are. The britax only takes britax seats, and I'm not buying a new seat. I'm also in canada so the options are a bit more limited.

Re: City mini double car seat adapter

• Options
    It does stick out further than the seat does. I'm using the stroller for my twins but am buying a snap n go till they are ready to sit up in the stroller. But this stroller can be used from birth because it does fully recline.

Just if the babies are asleep I don't want to have to transfer them back and forth from their car seats in the beginning.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • Options
    LittleAppleLittleApple member
    edited September 2014

imageI had it for my double and personally loved it.  Yes, it made the stroller heavier and it doesn't really come off until you are done with it, BUT it made my life 100X easier with 2u2, especially in those cold winter months.  It does fold and I had no issues fitting it into my van.  Most people who don't like it, are probably not using it correctly or are expecting the stroller to weigh the same with this attached.  Not gonna happen.
      Here are some pics of my setup.  I had the older style adaptor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Valco makes a few options for two kids at the same time (and some are supposed to be lighter weight options) however can only use one adaptor on their strollers (so no same aged twins in car seats). They are the Zee TWO, Tri Mode Twin, Snap Duo, & Spark Duo. The Zee TWO uses a different adaptor (based on info on their site) compared to the others I listed. And all of the listed strollers are compatible with one of their carseat adaptor bars. The adaptors work with Graco, Peg Perego, Maxi Cosi, and Chicco carseats according to their web site. Have heard other moms within the last year rave about their double Valco strollers (cannot recall which stroller specifically they had). I have had stroller envy over their single strollers for a while now.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"