Preemies

Generic neosure or other preemie formula?

Is anyone able to find a generic neosure? My son was born at 34
Weeks. Dropped a lot of weight and is not gaining well at home. In hospital, we fortified my breastmilk with similac human fortifier. But because I want to be able to nurse when he is ready - not exclusively pump- pedi is having me supplement two feedings with neosure for extra calories and vitamins. I see walmart's parents choice had a neocare formula, but I can't find it in stores and showing not available online. Anyone able to find a generic formula specifically
For premature infants?

Re: Generic neosure or other preemie formula?

• DoublePortionDoublePortion member
    edited September 2014
    I went to Walmart looking for their brand too and the manager/orderer for that dept was there and she said they no longer make it. :( I'm not sure if Enfamil is cheaper, but they have a preemie formula that my pedi said was basically the same. They also gave me several of the sample cans. Maybe call your pedi's office and see if they have any of the samples?

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• We started out using Neosure, but it made LO gassy so switched to Enfamil Enfacare and it was a lot easier on her. It's essentially the same and the dr didn't have any issues with us switching.

A few months later we actually switched to just a generic sensitive formula (non-preemie formula) and just mixed it to make it higher cal--25 calories/oz instead of the regular 22 in Neosure/Enfacare.

And yes, definitely ask for samples. See if you qualify for the Drive to Thrive program. They'll send you samples and coupons in the mail.

Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Our NICU started us on Enfamil Enfacare and since DS had no problems digesting it, we just stuck with it and didn't look into other brands.  Not sure how the pricing compares to Neosure, but Enfacare is sold just about everywhere.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • my daughter is on gerber nourish (1tsp mixed in 3 oz) and she handles it way better than neosure
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"