October 2012 Moms
Options

Long-weekend ramblings go here

I have college friends flying in to visit until Monday! Also, my babysitter is watching the boys so I can pick them up and go out to lunch today and wander around for awhile, and she's coming tomorrow evening so we can have girl time out without the boys.

So... I'm not dreading this weekend like all the others lol.
Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: Long-weekend ramblings go here

• Options
    DH's grandmother passed away, we found out Thursday.  We are leaving later today and the service will be on Tuesday.  Although she was 87, she was in pretty good health.  She went into the hospital to have a toe removed and to restore blood flow to her foot.  After the surgery, she left to rehab, but a few days alter she was readmitted to the hospital and they said that it did not work to restore the bloodflow.  They would then put in stents.  But she just...gave up.  Stopped eating, drinking, and less than a week later passed.  She has always been a person who focuses on the negative but the last few years with her getting older it is the personality trait that really came forward, so I hope she is finally at peace.

DD was her only great grandchild so I think she got a lot of enjoyment from seeing her.  Grandma was also an extremely talented artist, a pilot and horsewoman.  

I don't envy MIL and her brothers- grandma owns a valuable piece of farmland (used to be a working dairy farm) and now they have to figure out what to do with it.  Lots of logistics. 

Also to add even more to (since I'm already a downer)  a "family" member (she has custody of my brothers 2 kids- ages 4 and 2) is pregnant due in Nov. Went to her baby shower last week.  Her boyfriend who she lives with was admitted to the hospital, has severe heart problems and needs a transplant, will be surprising if he makes it.  

Just a craptastic week.  
  • Options
    @wesleycrusher‌ huge hugs!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just getting ready to go to sams club then probably hanging at home today it was suppose to be nice weather today but it looks like it might rain instead.

• Options
    @welseycrusher I'm sorry - hugs.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @wesleycrusher I am so sorry.  :(  ((hugs))

My lovely little girl woke up at freaking 6:25 this morning.  She usually wakes up at 7:30 on her own.  She hung out with us in our bed for a bit, but eventually Husband got up with her, and I slept until 9:25.  It was glorious.  

I think I am being overprotective when it comes to A and whatever she is fighting this week.  She seems to be doing better this morning, and she doesn't have a fever.  I think I am gonna ride it out a bit longer.  

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    I'm sorry, @wesleycrusher‌. That is a rough week. Hope stuff starts looking up.
  • Options
    We are setting up Alexis' big girl bed today, but she won't sleep in it tonight, because we have a friend over and he will sleep on it instead of the couch and she will sleep in our bed.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    Hugs @wesleycrusher. We went to the playground at the farm market. It wasn't as big as their website led on. Emma lasted
    almost an hour there. We headed to the outlets and she fell asleep as planned but that only lasted 45 min tops so I didn't get to fully enjoy my shopping trip. I was disappointed in the sales and every store was a mess from the swarms of people that decided to shop today. Regardless I still was able to get a few fall outfits for work but no shoes/boots.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    I just fell asleep at 730 and woke up at 9. Nap or early bedtime...hmm.
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    Just finished making homemade Oreo cookies for the BBQ at my parents tomorrow. Now to refrain from eating them all myself! :)

• Options
    I ugly cried in the car this afternoon after trying to shop with the girls. It made me feel better :)
    Thankfully they both went to bed nicely and the boys are at a car show so I have a quiet house to myself. I'm bumping, internet shopping, and drinking a delicious chilly beer. Its a good night to me.
  • Options
    @wonknessmonster‌ , you are adorable. And yeah, the belly with #2 pops waaaaay faster. I totally looked pregly by 10 weeks. Whereas, with C, I just had the "too many donuts?" look until like 25 weeks.
  • Options
    What's going on @DuckOBX614‌?

@wonknessmonster‌, absolutely adorable!!!

• Options
    stephcarterstephcarter member
    edited August 2014
    Wow. Sounds like everyone is having such a rough weekend. Sorries to all of you :(

Today is my bday. Hubs has already left for the day to pick up their now friends at the Home Depot to help on the house today. Yesterday we ripped up the floors and I demo'd two walls (yeahhhhhhh!!)

SD's mom is fighting us moving. She said that the town we are moving into is "racist". She's also concerned that Lilli is being mentally abused at our house.

Here's the real reason- she doesn't have a car. She doesn't have a license. There's no bus that goes out there. Her older daughter probably won't be willing to drive everywhere for her.

As far as mental abuse, most of her examples revolved around me and were 100% bullshit. She's manipulating SD who's loving being poor babied. Here's a good one

"SD said that you were running late one day and Steph said "oh he's probably at his other girlfriends house." Now SD will never trust men"

We've had an ongoing joke for about 9 yrs now that DH has another girlfriend on the side. And her name is Steph so he doesn't mix up names. And they've got a complete family. And it's hilarious. And SD thinks it's hilarious too.

She said she wants to take SD to therapy. I've said that to DH before
    because her attitude is crazy. She goes to her moms and there is NO discipline and it's a problem. So DH suggested that we take her to who she saw before. SD really liked her. Well her mom shot it down because "she didn't make her feel comfortable" ummm she showed up to one appointment. And she called her once. The really issue is that she didn't like her because she told her she was wrong. And the therapist actually suggested that SD visiting her mom unsupervised was a bad idea because she's manipulating her that badly

• Options
    @DuckOBX614‌, I'm glad she's feeling back to herself. I bet it's super scary, every time.
  • Options
    I think Wesley has a summer cold he has a slight fever and is nott sleeping well. We are just doing laundry and hanging out at home today

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    edited August 2014
    @DuckOBX614 no good! Hope K feels better soon!

Happy birthday @stephcarter!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    So I took B up for nap and laid her down and she asked for juice. so I went down and grabbed a cup. Then when I went back up she was pretending to sleep and popped up and said "I wake up. I finished sleeping. I finished nap" ummm wtf? yeah good try kid, go to sleep.

And @NeedUtonite‌ B knows most of her colors most of the time. I think it's because she has different colored bowls/plates/utensils from Ikea and I let pick which ones she wants. She'll say "green one" or "orange!" But if I ask her "what color is this?" she'll respond with the word "color" every single time.

• Options
    And thanks for the bday wishes everyone :)

• Options
    mbm1983 said:

We know colors most of the time. We have a puzzle and she matches the colors.

Same here. Her favorite response is yellow but if you ask her where is the purple fish, green fish etc she points correctly. Her teacher says she knows all her colors well and is counting to 10 in school. I have yet to hear good counting from her.
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    chricastchricast member
    edited August 2014
    @NeedUtonite‌ Also I forget who had this puzzle but it showed clearly Emma really does know her colors when i thought she had no clue. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000067QC0?pc_redir=1409148712&robot_redir=1
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    C doesn't really get colors. For the longest time, everything was blue. Now everything is blue, pink, or yellow. But she does recognize sparkles, lol.
  • Options
    Hugs @DuckOBX614‌ >:D<
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    I just ordered 4 pairs of shoes on DSW. I hope I love them all.
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    Good day today. Went swimming with the fam. Got grocery shopping down. Took ds1 to the library yesterday and got a bunch of books. He is all excited about reading so that is great.

Ds2 can point to colors but still is not talking that much. When I hear how much you kids talk I worry about him. I called early steps (EI) to have him evaluated. The appt is beginning of October.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Since my friends are visiting, DS1 was sleeping with me last night. Well, he peed the bed (pull up leaked) and he woke up in a puddle this morning. I washed and changed my sheets and everything.

Fast forward to tonight, my friends and I went out for dinner and I asked my baby sitter to make sure his pull up was on right and to limit drinks. I went to climb in bed with him an hour ago and more bed full of pee. Wtf. I'm so tired of this. Got him another pull up, put him in a makeshift bed on the floor and changed my sheets AGAIN. Fuck this noise!

My friends and I are having fun though. I love the company! They leave tomorrow morning though :( We did get invited to some navy friends' labor day cookout for tomorrow evening so that will be nice.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options

Good morning everyone.

Another random question-
    Do you keep the art projects that get sent home from DC (or that you do at home)?

He has one or two things sent home every day and I feel bad throwing them out. I'm going through them and saving the cutest ones that have hand/footprints on them. Any other ideas?

I just got a big pile of art work sent home last week. I give some away to grandparents etc and hang some. I want to get a portfolio like this one https://www.lakeshorelearning.com/product/productDet.jsp?productItemID=1,689,949,371,928,391&amp;ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=1408474395181113&amp;bmUID=1406596970270
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    My kid is still sleeping this morning and he slept all the way through! After three days with 20 minutes naps or shorter I can't believe it. I really want some coffee but don't want to walk past his room and wake him. World problems! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"