March 2015 Moms

Fainting spells....and exhausted...

Any one else experiencing fainting spells? I am 12 weeks pregnant and have fainted twice. My OB says its normal due to the progesterone and high blood volume while pregnant. But aside from that I am literally always VERY drained. Tired beyond belief. However, all my blood work comes back fine and within "normal range". Any other moms have advice or experiencing the same symptoms?

Re: Fainting spells....and exhausted...

• I haven't fainted at all, but a few times I've gotten up in the last couple weeks I've had to hold on to something because I get sooooo dizzy. The constant exhaustion thing ... yep, got that, too! And it's in just about every pregnancy book I've read as far as possible symptoms go.

I'm taking a nap every day ... it really helps get Mr through the late afternoon/evening! And I agree with pp ... definitely drink lots of water. :)
  • I haven't fainted but I get so dizzy that I feel like I will faint! Last night I slept for 13 hrs and I am still tired... So yes very tired
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I have experienced the same thing. I even fainted while working on a client a few weeks ago! I talked to my doctor about it and she said the baby is taking all of my energy and most likely it is a blood sugar problem. She suggesting drinking a ton of water (which I'm already doing) and having small snacks every hour or so. Since I'm really busy at work she suggested to have some fruit and pb or cheese and crackers every chance I get, along with taking breaks to sit down when I can. Also making sure my body temperature stays regulated, I've been prone to hot flashes since being pregnant and under a blow dryer all day. Since I've been doing that, I have been feeling a lot better and having had any more dizziness or fainting! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dizziness and fatigue is the bread and butter of early pregnancy. If your bloodwork came back fine, then no need to worry.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Every time I bend over or sit down and stand up I get pretty dizzy. I haven't fainted but I get pretty light-headed all the time, and I'm still constantly exhausted at 12 weeks.
    M'15 January Animals Being Jerks Challenge

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I did with my first pregancy. Anemia and dehydration doc said. Ditto the suggestions about small snacks and water. Good luck!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes, this is normal. I'm dead dog exhausted this pregnancy and I get incredibly light headed upon standing sometimes. I often feel like I might faint and have to hold onto something. Like PPs said, if blood work is normal, then no need to worry. Tons of pregnant ladies have these symptoms.
  • I've been having dizziness. Doctor told me that the hormones (relaxin specifically) dilate your blood vessels, which causes blood and oxygen to pool in your legs and feet when you're sitting down. So when you stand up, it is very common to have extreme dizziness and potentially fainting spells. I also find that eating more often helps, so it might also be a blood sugar issue.
  • I get a head rush/dizzy spell literally every time I stand up from sitting or lying down, even if it's just been a few minutes. It's ridiculous. I now brace myself on something out of habit every time I get up. Only a few bonafide out-of-nowhere dizzy spells and one fainting episode, but that was in a too-hot shower on a morning where I hadn't had anything to eat or drink yet, and not a lot the day before. It was a real wake up call for me to monitor my fluid intake more closely and not let myself get overheated.

Married the most patient man on the planet:  May 16, 2009
    Me:  30; DH:  30

BFP:  June 25, 2014; EDD:  March 9/10, 2015
    4 fur babies:  2 dogs & 2 cats

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"