Baby Showers
Options

is this a thing now?

:sigh: I got a shower invite in the mail for a friend of a friend. I know the girl but not well enough that I would call her to hang out or anything.

The invite itself was cute but written on it were two things that are bugging me:

1. Please be sure to bring gift receipts
- I always do as im sure most people do as well when you're going to a shower.

2. Feel free to bring a salad to share as well as drinks.
-um wut?

Like I said, I dont know her that well but I feel like this is a pot luck deal. Isnt that a no no?
Princess- 5yo  

MC- 13w 12/14/10

Dare Devil- 3yo 

MC- 8w 01/18/12 

Wheezy and sneezy- 1yo

MC- 7w 11/29/13

TTC #5 since 7/14

CP- 12/27/14 confirmed 12/29/14
Benched until further notice

Re: is this a thing now?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I'm going to be sick that day. But really, I've already declined. Shes a nice girl and I dont think she'd be ok with people basically catering her shower but again I'm not close to her.
    Princess- 5yo  

MC- 13w 12/14/10

Dare Devil- 3yo 

MC- 8w 01/18/12 

Wheezy and sneezy- 1yo

MC- 7w 11/29/13

TTC #5 since 7/14

• Options
    The invite itself was very nice and tasteful. No silly, rhymey saying. It was the handwritten sentences requesting gift receipts, salads and drinks. Im sure I have to bring my own chair since its being held in a park. I guess i didnt look at the location close enough. Yup, in a park. Picnic style.
    Princess- 5yo  

MC- 13w 12/14/10

Dare Devil- 3yo 

MC- 8w 01/18/12 

Wheezy and sneezy- 1yo

MC- 7w 11/29/13

TTC #5 since 7/14

• Options
    If you don't like her then decline and send a small gift. If you like her go.
  • Options
    I, myself, wrote a very similar post to this a few years ago on this very board. One of my closest friends sent out like, 160 invitations to her baby shower. And inside was a cutesy poem about including gift receipts. It was disgusting. I did NOT include a gift receipt. It's a gift. If you don't like it, freaking donate it.

For her second, born 3 months ago, her friend threw her a diaper shower. Barf. Inside was a cutesy poem that said at the end: "mom prefers Pampers, they're best in a jif!" I did NOT attend that shower.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    You either get gifts or food. You dont get both. You want presents i expect you to feed me.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options

I got invited to a baby shower on FB that said BYOB and BYOF. I declined and later I noticed she unfriended me. LOL

Such a short post and a tacky trifecta by the host. Amazing.

red

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I got invited to a baby shower on FB that said BYOB and BYOF. I declined and later I noticed she unfriended me. LOL
    Well right now it's awkward because she is a co-worker and giving me the cold shoulder. So far I've been keeping my cool and not confronting her tacky ass because she hasn't said a word on why she is all pissy.
    Yeah because you didn't buy her stuff and feed her.  Who the hell is she, Cleopatra? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The bitchy part of me would bring one drink and a salad just big enough for me to enjoy, and bring something homemade as a gift so there would be no receipt.  

LOL, I love you for this.

• Options

t loves r said:

Well right now it's awkward because she is a co-worker and giving me the cold shoulder. So far I've been keeping my cool and not confronting her tacky ass because she hasn't said a word on why she is all pissy.
    Maybe she is on the bump and saw this post ;)
    I AM on the bump and I DID see this and all I asked was for 2 $40 gluten-free cheesecakes and the crib with the attached changing table. You and one of the other 159 Invitees could have pitched in, you know. You don't have to be a bitch about it.

LOL
    I just spit my pepsi out. Holy hannah I thought you were serious for .2 seconds. Lol
    Princess- 5yo  

MC- 13w 12/14/10

Dare Devil- 3yo 

MC- 8w 01/18/12 

Wheezy and sneezy- 1yo

MC- 7w 11/29/13

TTC #5 since 7/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards