Parenting

Follow up A/S

Well, we went for our follow up A/S...and apparently this baby is polar opposite of how DS was in utero. DS was a crazy mover, but this baby appears to be pretty pokey and didnt want to move much for us!

The tech got everything she needed and said it all looks good (of course my doc will confirm she said), but unfortunately baby T's sex is still undetermined! At first she said "well I THINK its a girl but I can't get a good look" and then baby moved and she pointed out what she THOUGHT was a scrotum and penis, but she said due to the baby's position she can't be 100% sure.

So that's that I guess! Obviously, the end result we're hoping for is a healthy, happy baby, no matter boy or girl, but I gotta say, I'm a bit surprised at how bummed DH and I are with not knowing the sex, even though I know its definitely not priority. So I guess we'll be getting a surprise either way when I deliver...unless for some reason, I get another ultrasound between now and then!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Follow up A/S

• MrsT0514MrsT0514 member
    edited August 2014
    Yes its definitely driving me kinda crazy. But also making me anxious, bc this baby seems to be so passive and not a big mover apparently, so I'm worrying now that baby isnt moving "as much as it should".

Im sure everything is fine, but its definitely ramping up my anxiety a little.
  • I'm glad the baby is healthy. I would be going nuts also.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad the baby is healthy. Sorry you couldn't find out boy or girl.

• Can you afford to get an elective ultrasound?

• Can you afford to get an elective ultrasound?

not really, no. I may ask my dr at my next appt and see if she can sneak me in for a quick scan using their ultrasound machine in the office, but I doubt she'll go for it, lol.
  • @RondackHiker‌ haha! funny you say that...yes, my mom has been dying to know. But TBH, I just dont know if I can get behind paying for (or even a family member) paying that kind of money for an ultrasound that technically isn't necessary.

It's definitely a bummer, but at the same time I feel kind of guilty for feeling that way, bc it really shouldn't matter whether we know ahead of time or not if baby is a boy or girl. Yes, we're eager to know, but in the same breath, I really just want confirmation from my dr that all looks well and baby is healthy.

Does that make sense? As much of a bummer it is to not know, I feel ridiculous for being bummed out about it. Bc either way I just want a healthy happy baby in the end.
  • I wouldn't feel bad! Team green isn't a bad thing but usually it's done by choice. I could never do it, because elective scans aren't too expensive here. I would totally drop hints to both grandmas. I bet they're anxious to know too.

I'm glad the little guy/gal looked good otherwise!

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • Honestly, I'm sure my mom would probably offer to pay, but idk. Around here they want at least 100+ bucks for an elective...it just seems crazy to me. Plus I'd worry about baby not being cooperative again! God knows this baby has not wanted to show the goods twice now!
  • The places here have a money back guarantees. Do any of them offer that there?

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • The places here have a money back guarantees. Do any of them offer that there?

If you do it, get a place like this.

100 bucks to see your baby and relieve some anxieties is worth it. Team green is great. I was team green, but it's okay to want to know as well. If mom can afford it and you want to know, think of it as a special treat.

image image
  • I'm glad baby looks good even if s/he is just chillin' in there and not particularly eager to reveal him or herself. 

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

If you do it, get a place like this.

100 bucks to see your baby and relieve some anxieties is worth it. Team green is great. I was team green, but it's okay to want to know as well. If mom can afford it and you want to know, think of it as a special treat.
    Yeah, I've seen one or two around here that say "if baby doesnt cooperate, we'll invite you back within 2 weeks free of charge" but none that say money back if they can't find out for you.

TBH, within a few weeks I'll be back at my OB for my next appt anyway and she'll be able to go over the ultrasound stuff with me to confirm all looks well and baby is healthy..thats my main priority. At that point I'll test the waters and she if she's willing to scan me quickly in the office. If not, maybe I'll take this as a sign that this baby is supposed to be a surprise for us I guess!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"