Trouble TTC

Super confused any advice?

I am that girl who knows her period by heart. I know exactly the day I start how heavy my flow is on what days and exactly why my PMS symptoms are. My period is five days late. I am having weird MINIMAL spotting maybe two on a tampon. I have tested twice and both are neg really upset this is not at all how my monthly behaves I have no symptoms I don't understand what is going on with my body. And I can't get in to see the doc for 19 days =[ any advice?? Been TTC for 19 months I was so hopeful this was it.
Endometriosis Confirmed 
2 Large "Chocolate Cyst" Found
Both Ovaries 
Post op as of 10-02-14 BFN 

Re: Super confused any advice?

• I'm so sorry, no wonder you were getting really excited if you are always so regular!!

The frustrating reality is that anyone can ovulate later than usual, or even not ovulate, any random cycle for a variety of reasons, or no reason at all.

If you don't get a period for an extended period of time, I think something like 40-50 days, it is very common to take a prescription to bring it on (but only after doing bloodwork to make sure you aren't pregnant or didn't ovulate).

Have you had any testing for your infertility? Perhaps this is a good time to schedule CD3 bloodwork, an HSG, and a sperm analysis for your partner. Together with mid-cycle testing to pinpoint ovulation, the length of the luteal phase, and any issues with uterine lining, etc., this could give a clear picture as to why you haven't gotten pregnant after 19 months of TTC (only a very small percentage of women achieve pregnancy naturally after 1-2 years of trying).

And, there is always the possibility that you ovulated so much later, that a pregnancy test would still be showing a false negative.

I suggest asking your OBGYN at what cycle day they would give you bloodwork and then put you on medication to kickstart a period, then (as hard as it sounds) wait for that day.

I also suggest asking for a referral to an RE, if you have not yet see one, to start the process of identifying any treatable infertility factors, to hopefully avoid this kind of stress! (Of course, it would probably just be replaced by new kinds of stress... :) ).
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • I agree with the other ladies. I am 100% regular as well. I was 5 days late after about 7 months of trying and it just ended up being a late period. It's probably nothing to freak out about, our bodies aren't perfect. If it happens again or you feel very strongly about it, definitely bring it up with your doctor.

• Loading the player...
  • If your period is "late," and you're getting negative tests, you either ovulated later than usual or are having an anovulatory cycle. There's really no need to see your doctor (about this) at this point.

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• I know it really messes with your head if you have super regular periods and suddenly it changes. I just started today and this is one day later than my cycle has been in years, but 2-3 days later than normal. I have to admit it messed with my head a little, but I had a saline sonogram this month so I think that may have caused me to ovulate slightly latter than normal.

Stuff happens. I would just test every few days until your period shows up.

imageimage

TTC #1 January 2009
    January 2010 SA results: Count 16 million, Motility 40%, Morphology 2%
    January 2010- Surprise BFP! DS born 10/1/2010 :)
    January 2013 TTC #2
    September 2013 Repeat SA: Count= 1.7 million, Motility= 24%, Morphology= 2%
    November 6th 1st Appointment with RE: diagnosed with severe MFI
    Testing to try to determine a cause & possible treatment for MFI
    CD 3 blood work for me. RE does not want to repeat my HSG/lap at this point,
    but may want to before moving forward with any fertility treatments.
    After seeing the uro, DH is currently taking lots of supplements and clomid to try to boost his count. We will have a repeat SA in February to see if it works.
    Follow up SA numbers are: Count= 4 million, Motility= 40%, Morphology= 1%
    Uro wants us to have another follow up SA 5/9 to see if we see further improvement than we are back to the RE to make a game plan.

SA 5/9/2014 Count: 12 Million, Motility: 60%, and Morphology 2%. We will be doing iui #1 in late June

IUI #1 6/28 clomid + ovidrel, post wash count 3 million total sperm= BFN

IUI # 2 7/21 clomid+ ovidrel. post wash count 900,000 total sperm= BFN

IVF planned for early November- cancelled due to cyst

December IVF #1- 22 eggs, 20 mature,16 fertilized

12/9 Transferred 1 4AA Blast, 6 frosties

*****Everyone is welcome******

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"