April 2015 Moms
Options

FFFC?

2»

Re: FFFC?

• Options
    dana1047 said:

I've never been a very emotional person. My friends growing up called me heartless because nothing could ever make me cry.

Fast forward to being a mom. It is pretty rare for me to feel emotions when DD cries. I mean, the head knowledge is there that she is sad and needs help but I don't struggle with also feeling sad when she cries.

I have no idea if that's common or not. I just remember so many friends asking me "doesn't it just break your heart when she cries???" I would think "errr...should it? Maybe I should just nod and smile so they don't think I'm broken..."

This is one of my fears!! I have a hard time with empathy :)
    Me too....I suspect I'll be the same way.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Jan Siggy Challenge: April 2015

image  image

Started dating: 7/4/00
    Married: 6/9/07
    TTC #1: 7/14
    BFP: 8/9/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Personally, I chose to move on. I don't have time to worry about stuff like that. If you do, more power to you I guess.

How much time do you think it takes out of my day to think, "ugh, wrong word" when I read a phrase that was written incorrectly?
    Oh, come on. Of course that is not what I'm talking about. I didn't magically stop noticing bad grammar or poor spelling. I said I choose to move on. I don't make it my personal objective to educate every Internet stranger I encounter who says, "I could care less," when I know full well what she actually means. An IRL acquaintance? Quite possibly a different story.
  • Options
    Just found out via FB that my "friend" got married on tuesday.  Well 2 years ago when she got engaged she asked me to be a bridesmaid but the we both got pregnant and she postponed her wedding to an unknown future date.  I'm pretty pissed and then she was like "I was thinking about you"...WE LIVED A STREET OVER FROM EACH OTHER...so I'm a little upset/hurt...

IAmPregnant Ticker  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

October Siggy Challenge- Halloween Fail

• Options
    Just found out via FB that my "friend" got married on tuesday.  Well 2 years ago when she got engaged she asked me to be a bridesmaid but the we both got pregnant and she postponed her wedding to an unknown future date.  I'm pretty pissed and then she was like "I was thinking about you"...WE LIVED A STREET OVER FROM EACH OTHER...so I'm a little upset/hurt...

• Options
    @aeith11‌ Not cool. If her plans changed for bridesmaids because it's been two years I can understand. However, there's no excuse for her not telling you.
  • Options
    @aeith11‌ Not cool. If her plans changed for bridesmaids because it's been two years I can understand. However, there's no excuse for her not telling you.
    And I totally get if her plans changed that's fine but I mean she plastered it all over FB and was like "I hope you hate me"...I'm like grow up you should've acted like an adult and just let me know...but oh well my feelings are hurt but I will get over it

• Options
    souptin said:
    This is something only Canadians will understand,

Today I had to throw away almost half of my Swiss Chalet lunch because I didn't have enough Chalet sauce for all of it.

Worst.

St. Hubert > Swiss Chalet

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Options
    be888be888 member
    edited August 2014
    souptin said:
    b&e888 said:
    souptin said:

Today I had to throw away almost half of my Swiss Chalet lunch because I didn't have enough Chalet sauce for all of it.

Worst.

St. Hubert > Swiss Chalet
    Looked them up- they look ok, but whats odd ( Maybe this is a US thing?) there was no allergy or nutritional guide posted. Also the best rotisserie will always come down to who has the best dipping sauce (which is what I wanted to look up- SC sauce is GF  low in fat and addictivly delicious)
    It's a chain in Quebec, and some places on the border of Ontario. They have amazing sauce, and the most amazing desserts.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Options
    Apparently we have one by my house in fl?! I need to check this out!
    imageimage
    imageimage

• Options
    mbm1983 said:
    sounds like someone you need to de-friend.

Oh I have..I told her that I have no room in my life for nonsense and fair weather friends (oh god I hope I got that expression right with the grammar/english police lurking :-SS )

• Options
    souptin said:

Worst.

I ALWAYS order extra dipping sauce! I would drink that stuff with a straw!! ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We were supposed to go on a road trip today to meet a friend's new baby. I feel guilty that I'm glad something came up so we couldn't go. (My oldest has a fever.) I'm happy we didn't have to make the 5 hour trip and back and put a ton of miles on my truck. Not happy about the sick kid though.
    Tied the knot 2007 | Baby #1 2012 | Baby #2 2013 | Baby #3 EDD 4/2015
  • Options
    I had to make up a lie when a friend asked me to go to a wine tasting last night since we're not telling people yet. For some reason, it made me feel really weird. Like sneaky or something. 

My second FFC is that my husband is convinced that I can't possibly be having symptoms yet and rolled his eyes last night when I mentioned something that grossed me out. It was annoying. 
    photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    So I feel like this is appropriate to post here after our long conversation about grammar & misuse of words pet peeves...Enjoy.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/too-dumb-to-function?utm_term=4ldqpf1&bffb&s=mobile
    DD - Born 8/12/13

• Options
    lindsayanne14lindsayanne14 member
    edited August 2014
    KonaiNeto said:

I have a couple.

1: I like being corrected. On everything. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, facts, etc. If I'm not corrected, how will I ever learn? If any of you see me making a mistake please inform me so that I may look it up and either correct myself now and in the future, or find proof that I am not incorrect.

2: Sometimes, I will accidentally fall asleep on my couch while my kids are awake, with no one else around to watch them. It has become so frequent in the past three weeks that I've taken to putting up gates in front of the kitchen and stairs and removing anything that could potentially be dangerous on the off chance that it does happen (which is about 3 times a week now). I feel awful about it, but I can't stop it. And I lie my ass off about it to my husband, because I don't want to deal with a lecture on why it's (obviously) dangerous. It's like "Yeah, clearly it's not safe, but if you have any way for me to not fall asleep, I'd love to hear it." And since, according to a previous poster, this apparently isn't flame free, let me be clear right now that no, daycare isn't an option, no, help from friends or family members isn't an option, no, caffeine isn't an option, and no, falling asleep earlier isn't an option. I have a severe form of a sleep disorder called "Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder", which makes it so that the earliest that I normally fall asleep is 4 a.m. I've tried all the therapies for it, nothing works, including sleeping pills (which I couldn't take anyway, since I'm pregnant). I've been living with it since I was 7, and now I'm completely burned out when it comes to coping with less than 10 hours of sleep (what my body demands). Caffeine won't keep me awake any more, and I can't afford daycare, and any government assistance that could help me afford it would require that both my husband and I work days, which is obviously not an option. And even though I have legitimate reasons and have explored every option that I can think of, to no avail, I still hate myself for it.

Not gonna flame ya...just wanted to say this sounds horrific! Sorry you have to deal with it.

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I want to buy baby stuff like yesterday! H says we need to wait (which I know we do), but I just can't resist the urge. I've been very tempted to take some cash out of savings and go buy stuff without him knowing.
  • Options
    mbm1983 said:
    i cried a really ridiculous amount of tears while watching The Abyss last weekend. You know the part when Lindsey drowns and they are trying to revive her? yeah...buckets of tears. the kicker was i have seen this movie 100 times i know she doesn't die!

i never blame hormones but shit....that was not a normal reaction.
    hormone denial... it's ok. Your secret is safe with us  :))

• Options
    RobynB13RobynB13 member
    edited August 2014
    my FFFC? I dance around my house to get myself pumped up before doing anything, but especially before a night shift... this started the bootie shaking a little early haha! 

Now.... this....
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0OP5EnaaYjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Options
    RobynB13RobynB13 member
    edited August 2014
    dammit... how do I post a video

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=387ZDGSKVSg

I already moved on... there is no telling how far this will go... youtube suggestions are a trap. I'll snap out of it at like 2100 having to rush to get dressed and out the door hahaha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"