Secondary IF

Back to school--lunch box edition!

DD1 is starting 1st grade this year so it will be my first year of having to send non-heat-up-able (fancy word huh?) lunches. I feel like I'm a pretty creative lunch box packer until I realize I'm sending the same 3 things. Any ideas?

imageimageimage
My FF Chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
TTC #3 since June 2013
BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

Re: Back to school--lunch box edition!

• We have one of those thermos things that keeps the food pretty warm if you still want to send up heatable dishes.

Otherwise we do pasta salads or sandwiches and then lots of cut up fruits and veggies.

Me: 32, DH: 33
    DS #1: April 2010
    DS #2: July 2015 (preemie born at 31 weeks) - our little miracle conceived through ART - unexplained secondary infertility/adenomyosis
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wait? $50 a month? Is that daily? Ours is almost $50/week and the food is not what I would generally call healthy options! So we pass although I hate hate hate lunch making.
    DS #2: July 2015 (preemie born at 31 weeks) - our little miracle conceived through ART - unexplained secondary infertility/adenomyosis
  • I make homemade "lunchables" most of the time. We did pepperoni, cheese, pretzels and applesauce and a juice today. I do different combos. My DD only like a couple things they serve at school. I send money on those days.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Veggie sticks (or slices in fun shapes using tiny cookie cutters), crackers and cheese, pb and apples, carrots, or crackers, nacho dip (refried beans with a little bit of taco meat and cheese in a thermos) and chips, grapes or apples with vanilla yogurt to dip, tortilla roll-ups (any kind of meat and cheese), hot baked potato in a thermos with toppings in a separate container..

That's all I have now, but I'll add more if I think of any!
  • That's not lazy, that's a good deal for food!! Ours all range from $8-10/day plus tax. I just can't justify it! 
  • sailorgal said:

That's not lazy, that's a good deal for food!! Ours all range from $8-10/day plus tax. I just can't justify it! 

Wtf? Do the cafeteria ladies shope at whole foods or something? That's crazy!
  • oh man we have the same problem too, too much $ to have school provide the slop. it's slop. and we are forbidden from sending PB until DS is older. WTF is left then for my boy who won't eat normal toddler staples like cheese and nuggets and hot dogs???

so we send hummus and crackers, meatballs and edamame, homemade pizzas. salami slices, sliced veggies in fun shapes, tons of fruit, yogurts, and those fruit pouch thingies. 

@annibes i'm totally stealing your nacho dip idea!!!

also, what is a good lunch box that will still keep your food warm?? this is an issue i've been running into and so we often send cold food items with really limits the selection.
    Me: 36, DH: 36
    DH's SA = normal
    1 tube only wonder
    AFC 3-5, AMH 0.30

BFP #1 3/29/11.  EDD 12/4/11... Missed m/c 5/9/11. Cytotec fail. D&C 5/17/11.
    BFP #2   7/5/11.  EDD 3/14/12... Our rainbow Kellen born 3/14/12 via c/s.
    BFP #3 5/30/13.  EDD 2/8/14...  6wk u/s HB 126. 8wk u/s lost HB. D&C 7/12/13.
    BFP #4 2/18/14.  EDD 10/30/14... Ruptured ectopic with L tube removed & D&C 3/7/14.
    BFP #5 7/27/14.  EDD 4/9/15...  m/c @ 5w4d.

IVF #1    Oct 2014 - antagonist protocol: 9R, 7M, 5F. 3dt of 3 Grade 2 embies. BFN. 
    IVF #2    Jan 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.  Converted to IUI #1. BFFN
    IVF #2.1 March 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.

BFP #6  (SUPRISE!) 3/19/15.  EDD 11/30/15...  CP at 4w2d.
    IUI #2:    Clomid + Follistim = 3 follies. BFN.
    IVF #2.2 May 2015 - horrible response to micro lupron flare protocol: 3R, 3M, 3F. 3dt of 2 Grade 3 embies. BFFN. 

BFP #7 (beyond surprised again!) 4/26/16. EDD 1/5/17. beautiful betas!!!! and then near-fatal hemorrhagic corpus luteum. turns out baby was ectopic after all; another lap 5/6 (@24dpo).

the universe can fuck off.

"You are overly paranoid and delusional that every one is out to get you." -lastsliverofhope

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    all AL welcome. TTC #2 for 43 44 months.
    follow my infertility journey here at timestandsstillblog.com

• annibes said:
    That's not lazy, that's a good deal for food!! Ours all range from $8-10/day plus tax. I just can't justify it! 
    Wtf? Do the cafeteria ladies shope at whole foods or something? That's crazy!
    No cafeteria, they just do catered lunches every day :(
    Hey you know what, and if it was organic or healthy, etc. I'd be more willing to dish out the dough but Thursdays is hot dogs and Fridays is greasy pizza + cookie (like my kid literally came home like a greaseball after we ordered it. The other days is choices like chicken nuggets, hamburgers or mac and cheese. But no fruit or veggies, etc.
  • Check out weelicious - especially on IG if you have it. She posts great lunchable ideas every day.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"