Trouble TTC
Options

OPK blinking v peak and when to TTC

TTC for 18 months, I'm 34, normal cycle, normal labs, normal OV, BDs samples came back good. OB says its 'unexplainable infertility.'  Last 2 months was on Clomid @50 then 100, responded well increased progesterone based on Day 21 test. I am wondering if I am TTC to early? should I wait until the OPK peaks and TTC for the next 3 days straight? I've been TTC every other day when OPK blinks thru 1st day OPK peaks. Is this wrong?

Re: OPK blinking v peak and when to TTC

• Options
    @BunnyBerry FTW!!

-----------------------------------SIGGY WARNING-------------------------------------

Me: 31| DH: 36
    TTC #1 Since 07/2010
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    TX: 
    IUI #1 on 7/3/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (44 million sperm, 1 dominant follie) = BFN
    IUI #2: on 7/28/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (23 million sperm, 2 dominant follies) = BFN

IUI #3 on 8/22/2014 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (53 million sperm, 2 dominant follies)= BFP MMC @ 7weeks

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with BunnyBerry. I have also just been seeing my OBGYN and taking Clomid. My doctor does do monitoring (ultrasound CD 2 and CD 12, blood work done a few times to check my hormone levels) but I know that some don't. My second month on Clomid I had 3 follicles left, all between 17 and 22 mm.  That could have really caused problems if I wasn't being monitored.  My cycles are a little too long but other than that I have normal cycles, normal hormone levels, husband has normal SA.  Like you my doctor says unexplained infertility.  We are planning to take a break after this month (our 3rd cycle on Clomid) and then go to a RE after the break.  I would really consider going to an RE if I were you.  And like BunnyBerry said, insist on monitoring.  It would be awful to have the medicine hurt your chances instead of helping them!  I have done the OPK test for months and months and finally got sick of it.  My DH and I just have sex every other day from around CD 10 to CD 24 or so.  Maybe not the best method but it insures if I do ovulate that we don't miss it! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"