Trouble TTC a Sibling

anyone up for a TP thread?

Throat punch for those who aren't familiar. Tell us about the people you want to throat punch today so we can be mad at them with you. All in good fun of course.

Throat punch to my husband for making me brownies after I told him how well I was doing on my diet and to the couple who told us to go ahead and get pregnant soon to help me ' get over ' my miscarriage.
11/27/12
First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
Twins born into Heaven 
BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020

Re: anyone up for a TP thread?

• @BLuvsE‌ I'm so sorry someone said that to you! How insensitive! That definitely deserves a TP!

My throat punch is to my MIL. We actually have a great relationship, but she told me today that she was selling all of the more babyish toys at her house because DS doesn't play with them much and she probably won't need them anymore. She knows we are having trouble TTC. I just don't think she was thinking today when she said it and I was feeling extra sensitive about it today.
  • @Reagan1010‌ oh no! I'm so sorry! How did you respond?
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15

Currently
  • Loading the player...
  • I have tp....basically it's to social media for ruining the world
    A fee months back DH and I deactivated facebook and never looked back. I think it's made me a better mom and wife. I couldn't handle all the preggo post and always felt like I was competing with everyone of my "friends"

So today as previously posted it's my birthday. I had one coworker and one of best friends text me....that was it! So I was angry at first how the world didn't know it was my bday.....then I realized without facebook I don't know when my friends birthdays are...

Dan you facebook!
  • @morganlmw Happy Birthday <:-P
    I would have no idea when anyone's birthday was if it wasn't for FB :\">

@Reagan1010 I'm so sorry, even my heart sank reading what she said. Massive ((hugs))

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• BLuvsE said:

@Reagan1010‌ oh no! I'm so sorry! How did you respond?

Thanks, I just quickly left the room because DS was playing in there and I started tearing up. I was afraid if I said anything I would lose it, and I didn't want to do that in front of DS. I went to the guest bedroom pretending to finish packing to go home so I could compose myself. It was a bad way to end what was a fun weekend visit.

• @morganlmw‌ happy birthday!!!

Hugs to everyone else.

My TP goes to my mom. Today she patted my stomach and I said that it is just fat. Her response was 'are you sure.' I said 'yes I am sure.' What I really wanted to say 'yes I am sure since I am currently having another miscarriage stop asking if I am pg!'
  • Happy Birthday @Morganlmw!
    @BLuvsE- dude.  So not cool.  

Ok, so maybe not a throat punch (because she is 89), but can we all give the stink eye to my husband's grandmother?  I am really tired of being compared to her granddaughter (husband's cousin) who has three kids, perfectly spaced apart at two years apart, SAHM because her husband is a surgeon and goes to the gym every day so she has a rock hard body?  Yeah.  I am the devil because I "choose to work" and "have someone else raise" my son.  And "have you put on more weight?"  

I just... I can't.  

Monster #1- Hunter Fillmore! 10.1.11
     MC 3.20.14 -- 8w3d
    MC 7.11.14-- 5w4d
    Monsterette #2- EDD  5.9.15

• uromysuromys member
    edited August 2014
    @squirmworms‌ I'm so sorry ((hugs))

@morganlmw‌ <:-P Happy Belated Birthday! Hope yours last a whole week like mine! ;)

@mara005‌ I stopped lurking other TTGP boards. Even DDs birth month board. Sometimes I'm not emotionally strong enough to even see some of the siggys

@Reagan1010‌ sometimes my mother makes little comments like this too. I love her dearly, but feel like she doesn't understand exactly what I'm going through.

@BLuvsE‌ Hey? What the heck to your husband! Haha I have zero self control. I hope you were able to withstand from eating the whole pan! And TP to that couple and their insensitive comment. Like I just stated that's a comment my mother would say.

AFM: DH plays in a softball league on Sundays and well one loud mouth friend leaked weeks ago about my pregnancy. A week before we discovered my MMC. Well he obviously didn't get the second memo that went around (thanks again to the loud one!). The friend proceed to look at me and say 'Congratulation on the pregnancy. You look amazing for almost four months pregnant. Are you sure theirs a baby in there?' <insert awkward giggle> Thanks to the adult slushy I had indulged in the comment didn't effect me until later in the night. Though I almost feel bad for my snarky comment back :-S He did feel really bad!

Edit: spelling is hard and to add

@OnceInLoveWithAmy‌ TP to grandmothers are completely acceptable when deserved! I TP'ed mine a couple weeks ago and never looked back.

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• @OnceInLoveWithAmy‌ Little, old ladies can totally be throat punched! If you feel bad doing it, I will do it for you! I'm sorry!
  • CheesyPeasCheesyPeas member
    edited August 2014

Whoa, there are a lot of people needing some TPs in this world.  Sending ((hugs)) to you ladies in addition to my TPs to the insensitive ass holes.

My TP is to my supervisor, and it has been building up for a couple of weeks now.  I don't know what the hell she is thinking.  My most recent loss is well known in my department since there was a department email notifying everyone of my loss and everything, and my supervisor even helped me get my maternity leave lined out since it was quite unexpected that I was going to be out of the office.  So why the hell does she keep talking to me about all the people she knows that are expecting?  At least 5 times over the past couple of weeks she's done that.  And one day she was talking to me about disliking elevators and turned that into a story about how she got the L&D nurses to allow her to carry her newborn daughter out of the hospital on her own rather than having them wheelchair her out.  The same L&D I just exited last month empty handed.  WTF lady?  You think I want to hear this shit?  If I didn't know better I would think she hates me or something.  Maybe the TP will clue her in that talking about babies to someone who just lost her baby is a bad idea since her common sense is MIA? 

ETA: oh the typos

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Whoa! Holy insensitive batman. I'm handing out TP all around.

Here's to people thinking before they speak.
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • TP for all you ladies with inconsiderate A-holes in your lives. Unfortunately, I have one too, in the form of my DH.
    Since having this latest mc I decided I will use my bench time to lose more weight (I am 10 lbs overweight and 25 from my goal weight). I started doing daily challenges and then walking twice a week. I was doing well for 2.5 weeks until DD got sick and I haven't been doing my challenges since. This last week I have been ravenous waiting for AF to show hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday. Well DH keeps making comments about how I don't look or dress like I used to. We've been together since Freshman year of High School! Of course I am not going to look or dress like I did at 15!

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• @nieko0423 WTF DH! I'm sure he doesn't look like he did at 15!

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• So many TPs. *shakes sore hand and examines bloody knuckles* Maybe we should just call it the Stink Eye thread. But some people need a throat punch.

Can I throat punch potty training? DS was so close, then I miscarried and put him back in diapers. So here we are almost six months later and my sweet little guy is still so confused.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15

Currently
  • @BLuvsE‌ this might be a situation where the three day method would work. If he already sort of knows the drill, maybe a focused weekend at home would help?
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

• Not really a throat punch, but an irritation.

My friend has been TTC for four months and complains constantly about not being pregnant yet, saying she knows how I felt when I was TTC. It took us 2.5 years, months of treatments, and a chemical pregnancy to get the twins. 4 months of trying after just getting off BC and you are acting like it's the end of the world?

Apparently she is going to her doctor to get fertility testing done for herself and her husband. She doesn't realize that impatience isn't a fertility problem.

I have a feeling her doctor is going to give her clomid and not offer monitoring, and she won't listen to my warnings. Because, you know, months of research and going through it myself means I know absolutely nothing.
  • I want to throat punch my ute (so I guess that would be more a punch in the cervix). I am about 8 dpo and have had cramping since 5 dpo which is super annoying. Even at a year out I let pms get me just a little bit hopeful but it always ends the same way so screw you ute!

@Nieko0423‌...Can I throat punch your DH on your behalf? Change is inevitable!

@Millimeter‌...Wow, only 4 months? I'm amazed a reputable doctor would even do testing and treatment at that stage. You should point out to her that many true IF couples are diagnosed as "unexplained" so testing won't necessarily tell her anything or get her pregnant any faster. I wish I had the luxury of only beiny 4 months out with all those cycles still ahead of me!
  • @Millimeter‌ I don't have experience with that exact situation but I know how it feels to watch a doctor give bad advice to a friend. Sorry you're having to deal with it and sorry for her too. I hate big pharma. Passionately. Especially when it comes to women's health.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15

Currently
  • @mommy2C‌
    I've told her numerous times that it can take a while for her cycles to get back to normal after stopping BC and it can take a healthy couple a year to conceive. Her doctor told her to be prepared for twins when she went off BC and made it sound like she was going to get pregnant ASAP. She has stopped asking me about stuff because I tell her how wrong her doctor is.

@BLuvsE‌
    I had a doctor that wanted to give me three months worth of clomid and if I didn't get pregnant, I should call an RE. I scheduled with an RE the next day. It's sad that so many women just go along with what a doctor says without researching it. I'm the annoying patient that researches everything and asks a ton of questions.
  • BLuvsEBLuvsE member
    edited August 2014
    @Millimeter‌ me too! But I'm glad because it's ridiculous how often their advice is directly contrary to even what their own organizations (AAP, the obgyn association) and all the experts recommend. By the time my son was a week old I'd challenged the medical opinions of three doctors and I was right each time.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15

Currently
  • So many TPs. Mine is to my coworker, who I overheard talking to another coworker. Apparently her daughter is going through fertility Tx TFAS after her first came very easily. She's doing injectables and my coworker was all on her soapbox saying, "I TOLD her she just needs to relax and let it happen. She is so worked up about this. She just needs to calm down!"

Just.. No. I don't know the daughter so I said nothing. I wish I hadn't heard the ignorance at all, but they were standing outside my office. But damn my heart went out to that poor woman, whoever she is, TTC without any support from her mom. :(
  • Maybe she is supportive to her daughter's face? @annibes‌
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15

Currently
  • @mrandmrsk91011‌ I hope you came home drunk. J/k... kind of. Ps - if that is your anniversary in your name, I have only been married a week longer than you!
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15

Currently
  • I hope
    BLuvsE said:

Maybe she is supportive to her daughter's face? @annibes‌

I hope so!! She was saying she keeps telling her daughter she doesn't need the treatment because she already has one kid and she just needs to calm down. Hopefully she was just running her mouth at work and doesn't talk like that at home.
  • Another TP for today - my step sister has two daughters and I commented on one of her FB photos how well dressed they always are. She said "When God blesses you with (my girl name), you can have all our girl clothes."

I know she was trying to be nice, but...ouch.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15

Currently
  • Oh Ouch @BLuvsE! Definite TP to her! I'm so sorry!

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• I want to throat punch her for you, @BLuvsE‌ !

I want to TP my dog. She got out of her pen, drug a bunch of toys and clothes into the kitchen, then shit in the middle of the kids' room.

We have to put her in the crate when we leave now and crate training is not going well AT ALL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"