November 2014 Moms
Options

Does your baby have a name yet?

2»

Re: Does your baby have a name yet?

• Options
    The name was pretty easy this time. Eleanor Alyssa.

With our first baby, I mentioned that I liked the name Eleanor, and Marcus (my fella) said he really liked it and that he could call her his "Ellie-bean." 

Funnily, he decided he didn't like it during our second pregnancy, when he started lobbying hard for a Natalie or a Rebecca - but we ended up having another boy. 

This time around... both our sons of the names of kings, so we knew we wanted to name her for a queen. I brought up Eleanor, he remembered how much he loved it the first time around, and it just fit. Alyssa is my sister's middle name, and our sons each have one of Marcus's brothers' middle names. 

So far Marcus hasn't wavered... we'll see. He pulled a last minute change of heart with each of our boys. We had settled on James pretty early, with some difficulty picking a middle name. Then all of a sudden he became set on Nathaniel, which is a name I don't care for at all. We couldn't agree for a long time and then he agreed on James, if he could use the middle name Allen, after his brother. I super wanted James Alastair, but the first name was more important to me, so I went with it. 

Then for our second, we agreed on Charles. Again, if I were picking the whole name myself, I would have gone with Charles August, or Augustus... but since James had one brother's middle name, Marcus really wanted Charlie to have his other brother's middle name. So Charles Arlen. 'Cept again, during the last couple of months, Marc had second thoughts and wanted to change to Lucas, haha. The day Charlie was born there's even a video of us calling him Lucas - but it just didn't feel right. He was totally a Charlie.

Anyway, that was way unnecessarily longwinded. Eleanor has been pretty solid so far, so we'll see if my fella stays true to form and changes his mind sometime in the next month, haha. I know he doesn't love the middle name Alyssa... but I didn't love his brothers' middle names either, so I feel it's only fair. ;)

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We originally choice Logan but then didn't like how popular it became. So after hearing the name Kaidan on one of DH's favorite video games we decided that was our sons name. Kaidan Nicholas.

I love the name Kaidan. My oldest is Jayden.. Just beware Kayden,Cayden,Jayden,Brayden, Aiden etc.. Are extremely popular. My son has a Kaiden, and an Ayden in his class this year. Last year 2 Jaydens, a Brayden, and Cayden! Lol it's a good name though!!
  • Options
    We are so behind it's ridiculous! People keep asking if we have a name and I have to keep telling them no. After looking through hundreds of names we have a very short list that I will call "names we don't hate" because we really just hated all the other ones, but that doesn't even mean we will pick one of those. The only thing close to settled is the middle name, we have two family names we are considering and will probably choose depending on which goes better with our chosen first name.
    I don't consider you behind unless your kid leaves the hospital without a name! ;-)
    That is true... interestingly enough one of my coworkers told me that when she was born her parents were detained in the hospital for an extra day because they could not decide on a name and therefore had not filled out the birth certificate. I've promised myself that at least I will not let things get that bad!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Luckily my husband and I have identical tastes in names! We both have average generic names (Sarah and jonathon) and are determined to give our kids less common names! We both hated being one of many kids with the same name. I had at least one other Sarah in each class growing up and same with jonathon! Long story short we choose MaddieRose as our daughters first name, with Katherine as her middle name :)
  • Options
    I voted Special Snowflake. We're Team Green. We are still 100% positive about our girl name. It was chosen before I was ever even pregnant the first time (Team Green then too). However. we didn't even seriously begin to discuss boy names until a couple weeks ago. Our son's name is so perfect, as is our girl selection, both full of family connections. I can't seem to come up with a boy's name that works with our last name, has family connections, and is in the style we like (classic, recognizable, but not super common). One name we really like has the same initial as my name AND my son's name, and I think that's too cutesy cutesy. UGH. We have a name we both kind of like & agree on, with zero family connection, and it's a touch more out there than our son's name.

That being said… we also BOTH have strong convictions this is a girl, and we think that might be another reason we have a hard time choosing a boy name. 
    :\">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We had a girls name picked out before finding out which team we belonged to. Kiera. Now that we're having a boy, we had the hardest time picking out the name for him. At first we went with Kieran. We tossed around the name a bit for few weeks and then admitted that it doesn't sit right with us. We decided that we loved our other selection more - Jude Archer. If we have a girl later (doubt it, I'm totally over being pregnant, I don't think I could go for a 4th round) we'll still go with Kiera because we love that name!
  • Options
    We agreed on a compromise while TTC.  I picked out a boy name and he picked out a girl name and it was one of those 'I'll give you your name if you give me mine'.  So of course we are each leaning towards wanting the baby to be the sex of the name we each picked out.  LOL

The boy middle name is a family name and something we easily agreed on and is the only name we are sharing; Edward.  My husband, his father, and my father have it as their middle name and it was my father's father's first name.

The girl middle name we finally figured out last week.  If this baby is a girl, I want to save my girl name in case we have a girl the second time around.  I don't want to use it as a middle name for the first baby if there is a chance we would have 2 girls.
  • Options
    We are pretty sure on a first name just not 100%. I actually had a dream last night my baby was here and I was asking her "do you like your name or should we choose something different??" She of course didn't reply because she was a baby lol. So I'd say we're like 80-90% sure.

We are still arguing middle names. I want Celine, he wants Selene. I'm not budging because if we use Selene her initials will be A.S.S. he is not budging because he hates Celine Dion. So we have ideas but nothing solid.

We are coming up with boy names just in case we get a surprise. It was so much easier with the first one! I don't remember us arguing that much about it.
  • Options
    Since I named our last 2 my DH was determined to name this one.  We went back and forth and finally agreed on Zachary James and we are going to call him Zac.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Knew the name before we were pregnant.  We are complete goobers.  We already had a list of names ready to go when we got married.
    We had names picked out while we were still in high school. Seven years later we are still set on the same names.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, Zaid!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    I've loved the name Lila for years and am secretly annoyed that it's becoming more popular....and was worried that it is too close to my niece's name...Lily. In the end, we went with our guts so our little girl's name is Lila Mary and we couldn't be happier with our choice!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My hubbys name is Rhett and that was a name I have always been inlove with thanks to Gone with the wind. However, he wants our son to have "his own identity. " Both our grandfathers' names begin with E so we fell inlove with Everett Bayne. Ohh soo southern and strong!
  • Options
    We're Team Green, but have both our top contenders for boy and girl. We are still trying to pick out backups, just in case the name doesn't feel right after we meet our baby. It took forever to agree on these names, so the backups are still a work in progress. We haven't told anyone IRL and don't plan on it until after the baby is born, so it can be yet another surprise. We are driving people nuts. ;)
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
  • Options
    Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All

j/k - we are pretty well settled on William Isaac.  I probably should have picked "had the name before I got pregnant".  But I am reserving the right to change my mind when I see his little face!
    CafeMom Tickers

N14 January Siggy Challenge - What Sucks About Work

• Options
    We are pretty sure on a first name just not 100%. I actually had a dream last night my baby was here and I was asking her "do you like your name or should we choose something different??" She of course didn't reply because she was a baby lol. So I'd say we're like 80-90% sure. We are still arguing middle names. I want Celine, he wants Selene. I'm not budging because if we use Selene her initials will be A.S.S. he is not budging because he hates Celine Dion. So we have ideas but nothing solid. We are coming up with boy names just in case we get a surprise. It was so much easier with the first one! I don't remember us arguing that much about it.
    I had to eliminate my favorite name because her initials would be ASS...no Alexandra Scarlett for this LO.  I was a sad panda.

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage 
  • Options
    I think we might have figured out a name this weekend, but I'm terrified to say it and jinx it. Who knew naming a baby would be this hard?!!
  • Options
    Well, it's been rough this time around. I always thought naming boys was the hardest, but now that we actually have to pick a girl name, I realize that the limitations of boy names really helps narrow things down. There are just so many girl names I adore, and choosing just one is torture! Plus, DH has been so non committal on everything I through out (Ruby, Keziah, Samira, Isabel, Aurelia, Madeleine, Briana, Sabrina, Svea, Rosalie) like "Eh, I don't hate it. It might grow on me..." Not cool, dude! Last night I got my very first "I LOVE IT!" So at least we are getting somewhere... The man liked Mirabel.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"