Options

No shame in a c section

2»

Re: No shame in a c section

• Options
    Gotcha
  • Options

aditigirl said:

But i stand by the fact that the OP is an idiot. .

Huh?  I went back through this post.  The OP was nothing of the sort.  
    For an elective c-section, yes that's dumb therefore, idiot!

OP wasn't the one who said she was going for one.  

Ok sorry I was going from the PP that said OP, I was to lazy to click the button to go back to first page and check.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have to have a CS because of herniated brain tissue.  It does honestly get me down about some of the negative things people, and even books, say about CS.  But it's not like I have a choice and I personally had NO problem with having a CS until I heard so many people starting talking down about it. =/
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't feel any shame in having a CS.....and I hate the fact that there are people out there that make it out to be a bad thing, or 'lazy/easy way out' (so much so that I'm a lurker that decided to comment on this)

The two days before my due date, my doctor sent me in for an ultrasound as she thought the baby seemed big and that I might have trouble with vaginal delivery.  Well, the ultrasound tech said he was only measuring 7 lbs 9 oz, so not too big, but it turns out he was complete breech.  So, a c-section was scheduled the next morning.  Well he came out at 9 lbs 3 ozs -- there was no way I would have been able to deliver naturally, and would have had an emergency c-section.  Best decision ever; low stress for me and more importantly, my son.
  • Options
    I don't feel guilt or shame for my emergency cesarean but I do feel a tremendous bit of sadness. I labored for 26 hours with contractions being 10 minutes apart and lasting almost 5 minutes in duration for at least 24 hours of my labor. I made it to 9.5, only to regress to a 6, spike a fever, have my son's heart rate drop and then get wheeled in for a cesarean. My recovery was horrible and much like @BootsOrHearts‌. I felt robbed of what of wanted and grieved the first hours of my son's life that I missed. I fell asleep on the OR table right after I met him. I fell asleep with him beside me and it breaks my heart I was so exhausted I couldn't even look at him. I'm having a RCS in a week and feel at peace with my decision, but I'm still sad about it, definitely not ashamed though.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 - 12/12/11 - Missed M/C 1/9/12
    BFP #2 - 4/5/2012 - Son Born 12/12/12
    BFP #3 - 2/2/2014 - EDD 10/16/2014
  • Options
    I choosing to have a c section because as a colorectal surgeon I see all the complications of vaginal deliveries. While I am well aware of the risks of abdominal surgery as I perform it myself on a regular basis, I'm much more scared of messing up my pelvic floor. I know it's a very unpopular decision and I've gotten a lot of crap from friends, but not from other doctors. There's a lot of very legitimate reasons that women may have a csection and it's sad that everyone thinks they have to apologize for it. What's important is that mom and baby are healthy in the end.

You realize this thread was from almost a year ago and you just bumped it up, right?