Baby Showers
Options

Not sure WHAT I want:

Ive never posted on here and i havenet even lurked. Probably should have but i dont have a lot of time. Sorry!
This is baby number 4 for me! Yay!
My 1st is 7 (boy)
2nd is 5 (girl)
3rd is 1.5 (girl)
4th is a boy. :)
Here's the question: my family wants to have a shower for this one since it is a boy and I haven't had a boy in 7 years. My shower background is as follows: I've only had one. They threw me the one for my 1st son and that was it and that was fine. Neither of the girls had showers and I ASSuMED it was because they were #s 2 and 3! Well here we are on 4 and they want another shower.
I have politely said it's not necessary but it seems I'm not getting out of it. I mean sure I'm "excited " about all my family being together but there's a few reasons I don't want another shower. It's my FOURTH baby, I hate being the center of attention, and it's weird that only my boys get showers.... lol
So question is, do I suck it up and roll with it or get a little more demanding on the "no shower" thing?

Re: Not sure WHAT I want:

• Options
    VORVOR member
    It IS possible to firmly say "no".  And I would.  You don't need a 4th shower.  It's great that your family is excited for you, but it's also possible to have a party that is NOT a shower and is NOT about giving you gifts. 
  • Options
    That's what I'm thinking too!
    I mean, 4 kids in, youngest being 1.5, it just seems silly.
    The only justification I have for them is I only have 1 or 2 close friends so it IS just family that'd go.
    I will reiterate my no though. And for the record, so I don't look like a tacky crazy person, I felt no the whole time. I just needed confirmation. ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's what I'm thinking too!
    I mean, 4 kids in, youngest being 1.5, it just seems silly.
    The only justification I have for them is I only have 1 or 2 close friends so it IS just family that'd go.
    I will reiterate my no though. And for the record, so I don't look like a tacky crazy person, I felt no the whole time. I just needed confirmation. ;)

If they won't lay off, you could suggest a meet the baby party after your son is born. Have them all over sometime after the baby is born when you feel up to visitors. Heck, maybe they will offer to host it since they seem to want to host a shower and all you will have to do is show up with baby.
  • Options
    I've had friends bugging me about a shower for the second. I firmly told them "No, I don't want one." End of story. They can't force one upon you. Just decline and move on.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Options

Tell them politely, but firmly, no. Besides the obvious etiquette breach, I think it is insulting to your girls.

TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • Options

Showers are for FTMs.  If people want to buy you presents, they'll buy them without a shower invitation.

I'll add that IMO, the ONLY exception to the one shower rule is if it's the first child for the father.  My cousin's wife had a child from a previous relationship and my family had a shower for her when she was pregnant with my cousin's daughter.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just say no and stick to it. If people want to give you a gift, they will do so on their own. There should not be an organized gifting event.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"