Parenting after a Loss

Baby Gates and keeping them contained...

What type of gates do you have set up? What are your solutions for open concept homes? Tate is on the move, and aside from the pack and play while I shower ( he whines the entire time) I am in need of ways to keep him safely contained. Where did you buy yours? Were they custom made, or straight out of the box? Thanks!

imageimage

Me:41/ lean PCOS, 2 clotting disorders, IC/ DH:41~ TTC since 1/11
Clomid 50mg,100mg,150mg | Injectables + IUI#1 & IUI#2= BFN
IVF#1~ 8/2012~ 13 frosties~ BFP! OHSS
12/4/12 Luke & Kyle born @ 18 weeks
SHG+ Hysteroscopy+ FET= BFP | Cerclage+ Lovenox+ 5m Bed Rest
~Our wee guy is here! 11/27/13~

PAL January Siggy Challenge~ Good Advice

Re: Baby Gates and keeping them contained...

• We have a gate at the top of the basement stairs and we need one badly for the top of the 2nd floor but other than that, we haven't put up any gates. That's not to say everywhere is babyproofed but we are going room by room removing hazards, putting in plug protectors, anchoring furniture and all that. Luckily we have lots of doors between rooms that usually stay open but we can close if we really need to block his access say to the formal sitting room which has an open fireplace and is not babyproofed. 
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• We only have outlets plugged. Our stairs have no wall at top or bottom, and will be my first project. Open concept downstairs will be my next challenge.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • @PugLife5869‌ I do enjoy watching him roam because it makes him happy, but Mommy had stitches on her eyebrow and chin when just a wee one, so I fear Tate might have my clumsy gene... :P

imageimage

• Oh I forgot - when I am alone with LO and need to shower I put him in the bathroom with me and close the door and put a couple of books or toys on the bathroom floor and then just open the shower door once or twice to check on him. 
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• We just moved and are working on babyproofing our new place.

At our townhouse, the layout made it super easy.  We kept the doors to the bedrooms and bathroom shut and used the PNP to block the doorway between the LR and kitchen/DR.  It was super easy.  DS was just getting to the point where he could slide the PNP enough to get through (it was on tile).  
    At our new house, we are continuing to use the PNP to block the hallway from the LR to the bedrooms and bathroom.  We could honestly shut the doors but the hallway has several nooks and turns where he could get to where I couldn't see him.  There's a giant doorway between the LR and DR that I have no idea what to do with.  It's way too large for a gate, so we may just do a wait and see.  All of our big furniture in the LR/DR is anchored and we will be doing the bedrooms this weekend.
  • @acmedairyprincess‌ the dreambaby just gave me the idea to use on the archway before the stairs so he won't even get that far (for now). The spring hinge will work in the drywall which is easy to repair later if scratched. Thanks! ********* @KikiCohen‌ anchoring is another project. So many things to push over! I thought the relaxed style to my home was kid friendly. So naive! ********* @mamalamb10‌ glad he's ok. Things happen so quick! When I was 3, I walked into my weeble house, then my chin split on my basement floor. ***** @PugLife5869‌ I saw some cool custom saloon style wood doors for top of stairs, but probably just need something practical. The railing is wood and iron, and the anchor would preferably not damage the wood, so that might just work. Thanks so much! Wish I could figure out why my iPad won't allow paragraphs...

imageimage

• Containing my LO never worked -- she was never content with being contained, and would whine at any gate.  We did have one on the bottom of the stairs until she could competently back down them (~13 months), but that's about it because it just didn't work otherwise. Instead, we just baby proofed things within her reach.

Yes, we are definitely experiencing the whining stage right now. We just got back with some cool stuff from Toys R US, and DH has yet to convince him how fun they are.

imageimage

• If You Have An Aldi Near By They Are On Sale For $29. Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"