November 2014 Moms
Options

One Hour Glucose Test

edited August 2014 in November 2014 Moms
So I just had my one hour glucose test yesterday. The drink was nowhere as bad as people had made it out to be. Yes it was sweet, but not to the point of making me sick. Now if I would have had to do it during the first trimester it might have been a different story. Anyway....I passed the test!! No worries of having to take the 3 hour one. Now I can't make heads or tails of the other things that were tested. There were a couple things that showed abnormal that was not glucose. Should I be worried? I guess if something were up the doctor would call or make another appointment with me?? Oh who knows. I am just glad this pregnancy is progressing wonderfully. However it is time to get back into the daily exercise routine. Vacations can cause havock to weight. Shew!!! :)

Re: One Hour Glucose Test

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ok....sorry for posting. I have seen other mothers to be on here just post away about just random stuff and they get positive feedback or helpful responses. I am a first time mom and did ask a question or two. I will make sure not to post if something is not wrong. Ugh.
  • Options
    So I just had my one hour glucose test yesterday. The drink was nowhere as bad as people had made it out to be. Yes it was sweet, but not to the point of making me sick. Now if I would have had to do it during the first trimester it might have been a different story. Anyway....I passed the test!! No worries of having to take the 3 hour one. Now I can't make heads or tails of the other things that were tested. There were a couple things that showed abnormal that was not glucose. Should I be worried? I guess if something were up the doctor would call or make another appointment with me?? Oh who knows. I am just glad this pregnancy is progressing wonderfully. However it is time to get back into the daily exercise routine. Vacations can cause havock to weight. Shew!!! :)
    1.  How can we know if you should be worried when you didn't tell us what showed up as abnormal?

2.  Most likely the doctor would call.  or...

3.  You can be proactive and call them!!!

It's not that hard.

• Options
    I am not sure what it is that came back as abnormal because all it is is a chart with 3 letters and numbers beside the letters. Then it shows regular or abnormal. It makes not much sense to me. Oh well.
  • Options
    I am not sure what it is that came back as abnormal because all it is is a chart with 3 letters and numbers beside the letters. Then it shows regular or abnormal. It makes not much sense to me. Oh well.
    Again, call your doctor.

• Options
    FhSTAR81 said:
    Again, call your doctor.
    Clearly that would be too simple to do. Come on its so much for helpful if we can all guess what it means. Seriously we all need to add Internet doctor to our resumes!!
    Functioning as a responsible adult is HARD, man.

• Options
    Wow....I really feel the love here. I was not asking anyone to be a internet doctor. I was just happy I passed the freaking 1 hour glucose test and thought I would share. Forgive me that one little slip-up. Wow!!!
  • Options
    Wow....I really feel the love here. I was not asking anyone to be a internet doctor. I was just happy I passed the freaking 1 hour glucose test and thought I would share. Forgive me that one little slip-up. Wow!!!
    You randomly post that you passed but had abnormal results with absolutely no info.  And ask if you should be worried.  How the hell would we know?!  And then when you're encouraged to call the doctor, you're all, "Oh well." 

• Options

Sorry you're not feeling the love, it's just a little weird to AW your results to a group of women who you don't know.

• Options
    Can you imagine how cluttered the board would get if we ALL posted our results! There are hundreds of women that post here!

But I want my own thread! I deserve it!

Can someone PLEASE post a Veruca Salt gif? PLEASE!!!!!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    So noted AnnieRoo13. I will keep that in mind. Everyone have a wonderful day. For now I need to get to work. Will call my doctor later as suggested. Again...everyone have an awesome day!!
  • Options
    Can you imagine how cluttered the board would get if we ALL posted our results! There are hundreds of women that post here!
    I put my in my ticker change group week's post. I figures the "AW" field there was a good place to do it :-)

P.S. I passed

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options

You should call your doctor.  I doubt the nurses were playing the "Let's freak our patient out by checking abnormal on a few of her test" game. 

At my appointment, they tested for antibodies since I am Rh negative.  Most OBs do this at 28 weeks.  That could be one of the test and it came back abnormal because A. You're RH negative and/or B. You tested positive for antibodies.  Did they happen to give you a rhogam shot?  That's the only thing I can think of where they wouldn't mention it to you because you should be fine as long as you have the shot.  However, i'm not a doctor so please call them just to double check!!

Married:  08.17.2013
    Sweet Angel Baby: 02.01.2014
    Emerson Shay:  10:28:2014
    Two Fur Babies:  Talli Mae and Lexi

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"