August 2014 Moms
Options

Still Working?

Anyone?

Bueller?  Bueller?

I'm still here at the office.  Most of my work's been delegated out, so I'm just kind of coasting, getting rid of old files and killing time while getting paid.

Am I the only stubborn goat gutting it out until the last possible minute?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

Re: Still Working?

• Options
    RunningJRunningJ member
    edited August 2014
    I am working! I am scheduled to be induced Friday and I think I am going to work half day Wednesday and take Thursday as PTO just because...but I'm hoping I go before then!

I finished a few big projects last week and so right now I'm just helping with non-complicated things I can hand off. I am working from home, so while there are definitely comforts associated with that, I get a lot of questions over instant message about my status. Today I logged on and a coworker just sent me a message that said "NOOOOOOO." It was actually really appreciated.
    BFP 12.13.13. Baby Girl EDD 8.21.14.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Posting from work here. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im still working. Our computers are not. The IT guy told me today they are replacing switches all over Post, so the computers will be RIDICULOUS slow for 3 weeks. It's horrible. I'm talking 10 minutes to save a file. I already told my coworkers if baby's still in after Sunday (my EDD), I will be doing nothing but sticking my head in, checking email, and leaving.
  • Options
    Me too! Still working, but from home thankfully. Trying to finish one thing and then if I don't get to the other I'll have to do it while I"m on maternity and I don't want to (my self performance review). Just having trouble getting motivated.
    Me:41  DH: 46 high count but poor motility & morphology
    TTC on and off since 2005

July 2012: Infertility tests started at OB/Gyn, HSG and HSN all clear
    Sept 2012: IUI #1 w/Clomid - BFN
    Oct 2012: IUI #2 w/Clomid - cancelled due to cyst
    Nov 2012: IUI #3 w/Clomid - BFN
    Break to move and find new PCP, OB/Gyn & RE
    Sept 2013: first appt with RE
    Nov / Dec 2013: IVF #1 with ICSI split
      Dec 6: Retrieval, 4 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized
      Dec 11: Transferred 1 (Day 5)
      Dec 30:  HCG Beta, 4980. BFP!
     1 little bean!
    EDD: August 28 30 2014
    LO Arrived! August 31 2014

All Welcome!

image image
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good to know I'm not the only sucker...I mean, dedicated employee sticking it out until the bitter end!!!

I've already told them I'm working my full day Wednesday, and then PEACE OUT BISHES!!!  I'm on Mat. Leave beginning Thursday.

At least, that's the plan.  :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

• Options
    Yep!  I was due on Saturday so everyone was pretty shocked to see me in the office today :)
    I plan on working up until the baby's born which will hopefully be soon!
    Photoset 15 of 15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm still working as well ... seeing patients and on my feet. It is getting harder and harder but I'm sticking it out until this child decides to make an appearance which is hopefully soon!!! Everyday about 20 patients ask "how are you feeling?" "I can't believe you are still here!!!" I feel like im a beached whale and I can't believe I am still allowed to deal with the public either!! :-) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    This thread blows my mind because I go BACK to work next week!
    I thought of that this am, that there are some A '14 mamas probably getting ready to head back soon.
    BFP 12.13.13. Baby Girl EDD 8.21.14.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    andatcdc said:
    I'm still working as well ... seeing patients and on my feet. It is getting harder and harder but I'm sticking it out until this child decides to make an appearance which is hopefully soon!!! Everyday about 20 patients ask "how are you feeling?" "I can't believe you are still here!!!" I feel like im a beached whale and I can't believe I am still allowed to deal with the public either!! :-) 

I was just thinkin about you girl! Hope that baby comes out soon for you!
  • Options
    I'm 40 weeks tomorrow and still working. I'm doing half days tomorrow and Thursday. Friday I have a doctor appointment with a NST scan and ultra sound to check fluids that will take all morning. I am set to be induced the 4th but hoping she comes before then. If it does come to being induced I will only miss all day Friday, Tuesday, and Wednesday before she comes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got lucky that tomorrow is a skeleton crew day here at work (gotta love the State of Texas for giving people paid time off to party hearty for LBJ's birthday [and no, I am NOT kidding you]).  I'm gonna earn 8 hours of comp time for coming in on a quiet Wednesday (which I'll turn around and use for the lapse of coverage between work and when STD kicks in), and I was already slated to take Thurs and Fri off...although I was SUPPOSED to get Thursday to relax and sleep in and take my leisurely time at home watching TV and being lazy.

Nope.

Oh well.  Best laid plans and all that....

I've also been doing my damnest best to just smile and laugh when people ask when I'm due and I say "Yesterday" and I get -that- look.  You know the one.  Shock/Horror/Surprise.  I hate that look.

• Options
    WynWyn member
    I'm 41+1 and still working from home--wishing I had more to keep me busy because any partial days now eats into my maternity leave. Oh well--naps are good too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"