Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Ounces of formula per day

I have a 5 month old who seems to eat so little. He was 14 1/2 lbs at 4 months so am guessing he is between 15 and 16 lbs now. He seems to eat so little especially compared to what my other son ate. I've added it up and he eats about 20 oz a day total. I feel like I'm constantly shoving the bottle at him to get him to eat. The strange thing is he won't want anything to do with the bottle but will gobble up baby food. What are other babies eating per day?

Re: Ounces of formula per day

• ChrMooChrMoo member
    My DD takes on average about 24oz half of that is usually formula the other BM and she eats fruit with cereal in the morning and veggies at lunch. Some days she takes less formula/BM (I'm weening off of BM) but I don't stress it. I used to freak out and stress about giving her a bottle but she eats when she wants. I try to stick to a schedule to help her but if she deviates I don't worry.
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My 5 month old is still strictly on formula. He eats between 28 and 32 oz per day (but he is not getting any other food source). He's between 16 and 17 lbs.

I wouldn't worry. He seems to be growing at the normal rate, so he's getting enough to eat. He probably just prefers the taste of the real food to the bottle unfortunately. I know I would if it were me :D
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • roo1ooroo1oo member
    Is he teething?
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • lb1117lb1117 member
    My 4 month is 11lbs and eats around 25oz per day. I am guessing for your LO, that's on the low side. 

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
    BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
    Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
    Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
    Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My Lo is 4 months and weights 18lbs lately shes not eating a lot either I wonder if its because teething?
    Pedi okay her to start solids but she only eats 1/2 jar a day. LO eats around 24oz per day.
  • Thanks! I stopped offering any food as I didn't want to decrease the amount of formula. He still does between 20-25 each day and it's a struggle to get that in him . He could be teething but I see no signs of any teeth coming. Also tried Zantac and that did nothing so took him off that. He just honestly doesn't like to eat bottles it seems like. It is so strange!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"