July 2014 Moms
Options

Any Trubies here? Caution SPOILER ALERT

lowen83lowen83 member
edited August 2014 in July 2014 Moms
How do y'all feel about the series finale?

Personally I was pleased with most of it but there were things I wasn't crazy about.

My summer time Sunday nights will never be the same without True Blood!

Ps. I didn't read the books so this is just my opinion about the HBO series.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any Trubies here? Caution SPOILER ALERT

• Options
    tourqeyestourqeyes member
    edited August 2014
    I liked it in general, but I have (what I think) was a better ending :

So --- SPOILER ALERT -- you know how she could start hearing Bill's thoughts? I imagined that maybe Hep V would turn the vampires into humans/mortals (since I don't recall ever seeing a vampire die of Hep V since Bill's was progressing so quickly) and that they could live their life out together (have kids, whatever). My own little happy ending, but I thought that's where it was going since she was able to hear him. 

And why was Jason's child so old at the end? Seriously, how many years had gone by? I thought it was only like 4 year maximum? That little girl looked like 7 or 8.

• Options
    @tourqeyes‌
    Yea I wasn't crazy about Jason's ending and the child either. IMO he wasn't domesticated at all to be married with 3 kids... Come again, lol.

Really didn't like what Sookie did to Bill either. I could never do that to the love of my life( my husband). I guess in the "bigger picture" she did the right thing but I personally just couldn't.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It was BORING!!!! Awful ending in everyway.
  • Options
    They made you really anticipate it to because it took five minutes and then they went around the table showing all of the characters and then FINALLYYYYY showed the back of the random guys head.

• Options
    RLBregg said:

tourqeyes said:

So --- SPOILER ALERT -- you know how she could start hearing Bill's thoughts? I imagined that maybe Hep V would turn the vampires into humans/mortals (since I don't recall ever seeing a vampire die of Hep V since Bill's was progressing so quickly) and that they could live their life out together (have kids, whatever). My own little happy ending, but I thought that's where it was going since she was able to hear him. 

And why was Jason's child so old at the end? Seriously, how many years had gone by? I thought it was only like 4 year maximum? That little girl looked like 7 or 8.

I thought Sook was going to hit him with her light and it would turn him human...so I was right there with you.

I thought the exact same thing - like the HepV had made him just human enough that when she blasted him it would eradicate the vamp and leave the human behind. But even that would have been unsatisfying. I've been disappointed with the season ever since I realized that she and Eric were not going to wind up together.
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @tourqeyes I totally thought Bill was going to turn mortal too... all the way up until the end. Even after he became goo. I kept watching and watching for Sookie's husband, hoping they were gonna be like BAM! Mortal Bill, happily ever after. 
    I may or may not have cried like an idiot after it was over.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tourqeyes said:

Yes! This exactly!!

I also read a funny comment online where they said her husband was lumberjack Dexter at the end lol

• Options
    jessafish said:

I've been really disinterested in the last few seasons of True Blood but loved it up until season 5 (when the new director took over) so I stuck with it. I really hated that they forced Bill and a Sookie back together. I don't really understand the point of pairing her with Alcide at the end of last season just to kill him off and have her forget about him not even an episode later.

I really felt like the character development that happened in the earlier seasons just kind of faded away and the characters were incredibly shallow by the end.

Totally agree about Bill/Sookie. Why couldn't they have done their whole story and had her end up with Alcide, she would have still been able to have kids and at least it'd be someone we know.
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Options
    jessafish said:

I've been really disinterested in the last few seasons of True Blood but loved it up until season 5 (when the new director took over) so I stuck with it. I really hated that they forced Bill and a Sookie back together. I don't really understand the point of pairing her with Alcide at the end of last season just to kill him off and have her forget about him not even an episode later.

I really felt like the character development that happened in the earlier seasons just kind of faded away and the characters were incredibly shallow by the end.

All of this
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"