LGBT Parenting

TTC Check-in (August 25th)

MONDAY, MONDAY so... let's check in! 

How is your/your partner's TTC journey progressing? 
*Reminder - If you have a BFP to announce, please do so by creating a new thread for everyone on the board to see. Thank you*

QOTW: If money was no object, what would you do all day?

Re: TTC Check-in (August 25th)

• I don't know what is going on with my body but it just keeps ovulating earlier and earlier. I used to be a CD14/15 kind of girl but since I've started acupuncture/taking better prenatal vitamins it's been more CD13, CD 12, and annoyingly this month it might even be CD11. Today is CD11, donor sperm arrives tomorrow by noon. Acupuncturist has reassured me that the timing is OK, that my positive OPK and temp drop this morning does NOT mean that we're out before we start. So it looks like ICI about fifteen minutes after the UPS delivery comes tomorrow... In the meantime, I'll be trying not to analyse every twinge as ovulation and egg death. This is our last at-home try. After this, we will go to IUI and monitoring so that someone else can freak out about when I'll ovulate... 

If money was no object, I'd do something rather similar to what I do now. I'd still be in academia but I'd be a lot more confident since I'd know that I would always be able to eat, afford TTC, retire one day, etc. 
  • I am getting stressed about getting my period :/

Our stupid lab is closing from the 20-30th for stupid infrastructure improvements to their stupid electronic medical records. 

This means if I do not start my cycle tomorrow I will be canceled for this month. It wouldn't be the end of the world to start next month between the amount of craziness going on between work travel and family travel. I just hate that I have my hopes up.  This also means that either way tomorrow is going to be full of crazy travel logistics that I have been putting off until I had a better idea of my TTC calendar. 

QOTD: I love my job, but if money were no object I would rather be teaching. I am a few months away from having my Masters and being ready to apply for teaching jobs, but we would never be able to afford for me to be a full time professor. Also, I would love to teach for my alma mater in Savannah...but there is no way I am voulentarily raising a big gay family there. 
    Same-sex couple- In love with my awesome wife, A, since 2007
    Our son M was born 6.2013 

M was conceived via IVF using donor sperm and my wife's eggs. My wife carried. 

Now I am starting my second FET with embryos from A's IVF cycle...this is our last shot.

ET 9/15- BFN

• Loading the player...
  • mallory4284mallory4284 member
    edited August 2014
    @channe9‌ fingers crossed that your timing is great this month!

@herbunmyoven‌ good luck on starting your period? Lol not everyday you hear someone wishing their period would start (but I absolutely get where you're coming from!)

@TwoMomsInTX‌ good luck at your appt tomorrow! Hopefully you can get it all squared away and a plan figured out!

I'm at the end of my first month tracking. Pretty sure I'll be starting my period tomorrow. FF never did change my ovulation day so it still has me ovulating at CD13.... Interested to see what it comes up with next month.

I took a break from temping for the next week (basically until I hit CD5ish) just cause.... Well, I wanted a break from it! I don't know how these women do it for months and months on end!

So yeah, just basically still a waiting game at this point!

GTKY: does this mean money would never be an issue ever again? I'd probably go down to part time work (which would be hard in my line of work, but I'm not sure I'd be able to not work! I'd get bored) and I'd definitely be more aggressive with TTC. Probably go back to trying IVF... Aside from that, I think we'd just live our lives as normal.... Maybe go on a few more vacations?

Edit: forgot to add GTKY
  • Today is CD5 and I am eagerly awaiting to start using OPK's and gearing up for our first AI which will more than likely happen the beginning of next week.  Thank goodness for 3 day weekends!  We have everything coordinated with our donor who lives right up the street from us and have movies on standby to watch after inseminating.  Our plan is to inseminate 2 days before O, the day of and the day after. 

QOTW: If money were no object, I would likely quit my current job and pursue my love of fitness training.  This way I would have a more flexible schedule and be able to stay home with our LO which is something I really wish was possible. 

"S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • For the first time in the history of the world I am actually excited that I started my period! This is the last day that my RE is letting patients start cycling because of the lab shut down. This means that if all goes well we will do our FET on or before the 19th. YAY! 

Now to obsessively figure out my work travel options :)
    Same-sex couple- In love with my awesome wife, A, since 2007
    Our son M was born 6.2013 

M was conceived via IVF using donor sperm and my wife's eggs. My wife carried. 

Now I am starting my second FET with embryos from A's IVF cycle...this is our last shot.

ET 9/15- BFN

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"