VBAC
Options

Hello!

My name is Dani and I have a 2 year old daughter that was breech resulting in an unwanted c-section.  I am 13 weeks pregnant today and just got accepted by one of two doctors in my city who will attempt a VBAC! I'm excited for my first appointment and for the opportunity to experience natural birth.  I was very upset when I had no choice but to have a c-section, and my previous doctor used a lot of scare tactics to try to talk me out of a VBAC for this one. Just found my local ICAN as well.

My main question is, is it more expensive to have a vbac in the hospital?  My previous doctor tried to tell me I'd have to pay for all these things out of pocket if I can even find a hospital that will do it but I'm not sure he was being truthful. I just want to know what I'm getting myself into so I can save if need be.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hello!

• Options
    I'm not sure. I'm researching this as well. I had a csection with my first I'm hoping for a VBAC and luckily my doctor is supportive but I'm worried.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A VBAC is more a bit expensive than a tradition vaginal birth, but less than a c/s. Insurance coverage was never an issue for me.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"