Pre-School and Daycare

Glasses?

DH and I just found out yesterday that DD#1 (4.5 years) needs glasses. I let her pick the frames (with some guidance) and we've made a big deal about how big she is that she gets to wear glasses now (DH, myself, all our parents, and 3 of our 4 sisters wear them as well). She's always been an anxious child and likes plenty of notice about changes and what to expect. 

Anything you experienced Mamas and Daddies can think of to help her for the next week while she worries about this "Big" change in her life?
Me - J.R. - 05/1986
DH - J.I. - 08/1986
Married - 09/22/2006
DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
  DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!

Re: Glasses?

• It's only been a year and a half since DS started wearing glasses (he was 4yrs 3mos), but I've already forgotten life without them, so I'm not 100% sure what we did. I think I found pictures of kids with glasses on the internet and told him how sharp he was going to look.
  • Did you get a case for them to go in while she is sleeping? Maybe she could decorate the case with stickers and make it more special.
    This website appears to have some great information... https://littlefoureyes.com/books-for-kids/ 

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I would go the the library and get a bunch of books.  PP gave a great link!  DD has had glasses since 2.5 and doesn't remember life without them, but she loves reading books about kids wearing glasses.
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • Thanks ladies! She seems pretty excited so it will likely go much more smoothly than I am expecting. She's having trouble keeping track of the days and wants to go get them everyday. FX this is easy... We've had a rough couple of months and don't need it to continue 8-}
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"