Two Under 2
Options

were you able to babywear and wrestle a toddler?

I have a Moby and a Beco Butterfly 2 that I used with DD.  I wore her hands-free, but always had a hand to adjust her.  When I take DD to the park, etc. she often needs to be wrangled.  She resists, and I can just imagine dumping the newborn or her accidentally punching him.  The alternative would be to leave the newborn in the stroller and listen for him while I chase M around and carry her back to the stroller radius if she got too far.  What is a good stroller radius? 

Re: were you able to babywear and wrestle a toddler?

• Options
    I baby wear. I adjust as tight as I can when I can ;) We RARELY use a stroller!! So no suggestions on a radius but practice makes perfect with a Moby ;))
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • Options
    I wore DS in a moby when he was young.  He was pretty snug in there.  I don't remember it being an issue as far as chasing DD around but then again she's never really been that sort of kid.  She usually stays close and listens pretty well.  I started putting DS in a stroller at the park when he was older and could sit up and had interest in watching the other kids play.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wore DS2 in the Moby and a Sakura Bloom sling when DS1 was 20 months.  It was crazy at times trying to carry a toddler while wearing a newborn.  If the baby was sleeping and we were out at a playground/zoo/children's museum, etc I would keep him in the car seat but have the sling on standby.  A combination of baby wearing and stroller worked for us. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Not a popular choice, but I used a Baby bjorn with #2 when my oldest was a toddler (they are 15 months apart).  She was always secure in there.  When #3 was born I used a Maya wrap ring sling and an Ergo with infant insert while my other 2 were running around.  I always used my double stroller to get where I was going, but then transferred the baby to the carrier.  It was so  much easier for the baby to be with me while chasing the others!  Good luck!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I use a mei tai that I made. I just put one hand on his back when I lean over to deal with my toddler. I prob don't need to do that, but I'm paranoid!
  • Options
    I didn't babywear at all with DS1 (mostly because I didn't know about good carriers). But when I was expecting DS2, I knew I would need a good carrier because they were 19 months apart, and DS1 only started walking at 16 months, so he was not so independent yet. We live in an apartment up 2 flights of stairs, and DS1 could not walk up the stairs by himself yet. So I wore DS2, and hefted DS1 under my arm and ran up the stairs. Crazy, I know. In terms of playing outside, I did both carrier and stroller. I used to wear DS2 while I pushed DS1 on his tricycle.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"