Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Zipadee Zip??

Anyone ever heard of the Zipadee-Zip? Thinking of buying one. 

Our DS is getting too big and can break out of his sleep sack causing him to wake up crying. And whenever we try nap and night time sleeping without being swaddled he wakes up every 20 minutes for naps and every hour at night crying. We have tried one arm out and spent an hour and a half in the middle of the night trying to calm him down. And since he doen't get good sleep at night he becomes a little grumpy monster all day long.

TTC #1 since January 2008 dx: PCOS, Hyperthyroidism 5 IUI's - ALL BFN IVF & FET - BFN January 2012 - Moving onto Domestic Newborn Adoption May 2012 - Home study approved!! June 21, 2012 - Our little man was born! July 7, 2012 - We got to bring our little one home after a two week NICU visit. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Zipadee Zip??

• Options
    I got one for my son.  I loved it!  He was double swaddled for naps and nighttime sleep until he was six months old.  Got the zipadeezip when we transitioned him from being swaddled in the rock n play to sleeping in his crib.  We did CIO and we needed him not to be swaddled for that.  It was a life saver!  I thought this kid was going to be swaddled forever.  I just stopped using it today and put him in a sleep sack with arms.  We used it for about a month and it's getting too small in the arms now.  I'd love to get another zipadeezip in a bigger size(I loved that his hands were covered, unlike a sleep sack), but it's not in the budget right now.  I highly recommend it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

"I found the solution to the swaddle transition nightmare!  My son REFUSED to sleep without the swaddle and we tried every trick in the book.  He just hated having his arms free and would scratch himself to bits.  I finally tried the Zipadee-Zip and was super skeptical that it would even work since literally nothing else had and to my utter shock, he slept 12 hours the first night in it!  Crazy!  I guess the resistance in the arm span is what gives him the feeling of being swaddled and soothes him when he has a  startle reflex but the star shape gives him the ability to push up and roll over.  He couldn't safely roll in the swaddle and when he’d break free, I'd find the loose fabric over his face which terrified me!  The Zipadee-Zip (www.sleepingbaby.com is where I found it) gave him the security to be able to sleep swaddle free which means I SLEPT TOO!!!  Thank goodness for this thing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"