Food Allergy

Total elimination diet anyone? Blood in stool is improving.

2»

Re: Total elimination diet anyone? Blood in stool is improving.

• Hi!!  OK, please help, I posted on our group and now I can't find it!!  lol!  How do I find out group??
  • @mamagreene‌ ...I saw your post, and I've been meaning to respond. This week has just been busy.
  • Loading the player...
  • H&H2014H&H2014 member
    edited August 2014
    Hi ladies. My LO is having tiny (size of a pinhead) blood in her poop together with mucus (which is off color but not distinctly red). I've spent way more time staring at poop then I ever thought I would. Lol.

Her pedi and my LC said to cut dairy. I have but still poops are green and mucousy. Maybe one tiny spot here or there.

Is that enough to warrant an elimination diet? How bad were your lo's poops?
  • mamagreenemamagreene member
    edited August 2014
    H&H2014 said:
    Hi ladies. My LO is having tiny (size of a pinhead) blood in her poop together with mucus (which is off color but not distinctly red). I've spent way more time staring at poop then I ever thought I would. Lol. Her pedi and my LC said to cut dairy. I have but still poops are green and mucousy. Maybe one tiny spot here or there. Is that enough to warrant an elimination diet? How bad were your lo's poops?

Hi! I completely understand staring at poop! Lol How long have you been dairy free? If you are no longer having blood, it might take some time for the mucus to clear up, my son still will occasionally have a bit of mucus, but normal colored. You might not have to do the TED , it can take up to 8 weeks to get healed. I'd just be sure that you are not getting dairy from other sources...your processed foods etc. next thing I'd try if I was you is cutting soy, that goes pretty hand in hand with dairy....but as you'll find soy is literally in everything! So just to clarify, continue your dairy free and also be soy free. After that I'd try eggs, gluten, beef , and corn....if you still can't get the diapers cleared up I'd do the Total elimination diet. It's not fun, but it is doable, and well worth it! My lo was having daily blood in his stool, some much worse than others! At times I'd have to really search to find it, but, other days there would be tons of mucus, green stool and several streaks of blood! :( but, I've been on the diet for around 11 weeks and since starting the diet he has only had 3 diapers with blood! So it us well worth it, but, hopefully you won't have to go that far! Also google dr jack Newman on green mucus, he has some great advice! Good luck!!
  • Thanks @mamagreene‌ I've been dairy free for a week with one accidental ingestion of butter. Sometimes it just doesn't occur to me that just because I don't cook everything in butter doesn't mean everyone else doesn't!!

I don't eat any soy so I think I'm ok.

Do you know if the amount of something you ingest correlates to how worse blood/mucus? I eat a lot of nuts everyday - so I'm thinking it would be more pronounced if it were nuts.

Thx !
  • H&H2014 said:
    Thanks @mamagreene‌ I've been dairy free for a week with one accidental ingestion of butter. Sometimes it just doesn't occur to me that just because I don't cook everything in butter doesn't mean everyone else doesn't!! I don't eat any soy so I think I'm ok. Do you know if the amount of something you ingest correlates to how worse blood/mucus? I eat a lot of nuts everyday - so I'm thinking it would be more pronounced if it were nuts. Thx !

Hey! As far as the amounts I've never really figured that our, I can say that those three diapers with blood since I started the diet have been such a tiny amount that my oldest son (10 yrs old) says he didn't even think it was blood. So a very tiny amount! And before that my system was very cleaned out. You could try a mini version of the TED you could eat just turkey and any fruits and any fresh veggies for like a week, then add a major allergen, and meat in every week. That wouldn't be too extreme! But, for now I'd just wait another week or so to see if his diapers improve! I really would consider cutting soy though too, most kids with a dairy allergy also react to soy! Also, be sure to check all of your seasonings! The have lots of stuff hidden in them!
  • I feel like I haven't been on here forever! I am never moving again!!!! I can't find the group!!! Did you ladies have this problem after the first time you posted in it? Help!
    I hope you are all doing well!
  • I feel like I haven't been on here forever! I am never moving again!!!! I can't find the group!!! Did you ladies have this problem after the first time you posted in it? Help! I hope you are all doing well!

I Couldn't find the group either!!!! But, I finally (after like a week) did find it! Here is a link: https://forums.thebump.com/group/333-total-elimination-diet  I wish there was a way that is would bookmark it for us since we are members!! 

I had some really good days, but just had blood in his stool yesterday :(  I had been at my brothers, and he told me that  something was just coconut cream, but after I had is I looked and saw that it wasn't!  And of course corn was in it....so the next day we had a bloody diaper :(  UGH!  Today he is feeling good though!  :) 

How have you been?  Yea, moving isn't fun!!!   

• Hey @Thankfulforwine‌! Glad to hear the moving is done!

I'm on an iPad, and I can get to the group from the drop down list that says "Choose another board" at the top right.

DD3 just turned six months and she can't wait to try food. She goes crazy when she sees us eating. I'm thinking about trying some oatmeal or a veggie with her.
  • I want to join your group! I did a kinda elimination diet and quickly realized I need to do the real thing. Baby boy has very bad eczema and fussiness. He has had blood and mucous in stool before I eliminated wheat and dairy, but he is still not allergy free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"