December 2014 Moms
Options

On today's "why I cried about nothing"

Tonight H wasn't in the mood to do the dirty so I totally lost it and started sobbing about being a whale and being tired of all the unglamorous things pregnancy does to your body and how I just wanted to feel sexy and attractive again. So he finally got me calmed down, and then was saying goodnight and he kissed my belly and was like "goodnight Hannah, daddy loves you" and I LOST IT all over again. Poor H and my mood swings.

What ridiculous things have set your water works off lately?

Married 07.12.14
Hannah 12.09.14
Baby #2 Due 06.18.16
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: On today's "why I cried about nothing"

• Options
    We were driving home and passed the hospital where I wanted to deliver. But my Dr's office messed up my referral so I have to deliver at an older hospital. Just seeing the hospital in the horizon made me start to bawl.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    angeladowns1angeladowns1 member
    edited August 2014
    We had a bunch of our friends and family over last night and my sister in law announced she's also pregnant, making the 4th baby between ours and DH's and his siblings due within 6 months.
    We're having a boy, but were just telling his family (SIL included) about a month ago how it would have been easier to name a girl since we've had our future daughter's name pretty much picked for about 5 years now. We want to name her Avelyn, which is not heard of often. When we found out we were having a boy, we considered Oliver but SIL apparently has "dibs" on that name so we crossed it off the list. So last night, after they announced they tell everyone they have a girls name picked out if its a girl. They act so excited about it, and announce that it's Avery. Everyone oos and ahhs and I mention "that's awfully similar to our girls name" and her husband jokingly says "good thing you're not having a girl".

So, of course I instantly get pissed, and then the tears start swelling. Very abnormal for me. I don't think anyone noticed but between them not caring and DH not backing me up or being the one to mention it, it was enough to crush my pregnant little soul.

Then, after everyone else had quite a lot to drink, DH starts making all these sentimental comments about SIL's baby and how he's so excited for her and he's a very sentimental drunk anyways. So eventually we go to bed, and for some reason I expected him to be sappy to me too, because he pretty much ignored me all night.. but he just conked out. So my pregnant mind starts racing about how he seems more sentimental about her baby than ours and how he never talks to our baby and he never barely brings it up and now his sister is pregnant and he's instantly so sentimental... Cue the waterworks.

Being emotional is hard....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pick one! I cry at everything right now. DS wanted to take a bath tonight instead of a shower and usually he rotates every other night but this made 2 baths in a row. I cried because that meant sitting in the floor 2 nights in a row which kills my sciatica. Then I cried afterwards because I realized I forgot to put the dishes in the dishwasher and still have to do laundry before bed tonight. I hate crying over stupid things!

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    My boys seemed to be a little extra difficult today...fighting, whining, all the in between. DS2 spilled a bowl of cheddar goldfish on the floor completely by accident today. Our dogs cleaned up the mess while I sobbed for 10 minutes hahaha

• Options

@angeladowns1‌ thats so not cool of DH or his family. I would have been upset too.

Yeah. I don't get upset easily, even with being preggo, but that did it. I think a large majority of the people there didn't hear me possibly but still. I asked DH about it the next morning as to why he didn't like mention it since its his family and didn't back me up and he said he didn't even think about it and didn't hear me say it. Which I did say it somewhat quietly. Idk. It almost makes me more sad that he didn't think of it. Guys will be guys?

:(
  • Options
    I got heartburn and couldn't sleep well. I kept getting up and moving and DH had to eventually leave to sleep on the couch. I knew he had a long day of work today and it made me cry in bed that I bothered him so much. >_<
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mines ridiculous, and maybe TMI. I peed and went to wipe and I guess the pressure on my belly caused some pee that was left in my bladder to squeeze out. It got all over my hand, and grossed me out so much it made me cry. 

Baby girl due 12-13-14!

D14 October siggy challenge
                        DD two years ago, my adorable little pirate

• Options
    @angeladowns1 I know it seems like they're too similar and they stole your name, but I don't think it's so similar that anyone would question it.  You can definitely use your name for any future babies!
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    I cried during an episode of King of the Hill (the one when Luann gives birth). And then cried pretty much until I went to bed. And now I have a headache, so I'm crying about that. And it's my 9th wedding anniversary today. And I'm crying about the fact that I have a headache on my anniversary.
  • Options
    I cried this morning bc I asked MH to ask his family to get flu vaccines and WC boosters. He said okay, but I didn't like the way he said it.
  • Options
    @NandaB‌ and @nauticallife‌
    Thanks, I'm glad to hear some people wouldn't think it would be too weird. This family is like super tight knit close though. Like weekly get togethers and frequent trips to do things together and so we'll be seeing them ALL. THE. TIME. I just feel more like it puts a damper on it I guess? Like they'll judge me for still using it like I'm being immature or something? Idk, more weird new emotions for me that sound crazy when written down.
  • Options
    I can't find a shirt to wear to my best friends birthday dinner tonight because all of my maternity shirts are too casual and none of my nice shirts look good on me anymore. Cue the tears.

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16

• Options
    JaymeeLH said:

I can't find a shirt to wear to my best friends birthday dinner tonight because all of my maternity shirts are too casual and none of my nice shirts look good on me anymore. Cue the tears.

I have an event at work today where I'm supposed to dress up extra and am currently having this same meltdown.
  • Options
    I cried yesterday because our elevator was down and I have two English bulldogs, one who is 9 and can't go up and down stairs very well... They were following me around all day because they wanted a walk but I couldn't take them because she is too heavy for me to carry up and down all the flights. I just kept telling them I was sorry and would cry again...
  • Options

JaymeeLH said:

I have an event at work today where I'm supposed to dress up extra and am currently having this same meltdown.
    I'm literally laying in bed in my maternity jeans and a bra sobbing. Emotions are hard.

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16

• Options
    JaymeeLH said:

JaymeeLH said:

I'm literally laying in bed in my maternity jeans and a bra sobbing. Emotions are hard.
    Awww, I'm sorry!
    I decided to go with a non-maternity dress of mine that definitely is not cute, but it works because it used to come past my knees but now its a high-low!
    I'm so trendy.
    Also, I hate the high low trend. But if people think its intentional = winning. Right?
  • Options
    I just had a full out ugly cry. My mom lives 20 hours away and sent me a care package with a couple maternity shirts, a little present for the baby, and an Archie comic (I was obsessed as a kid) with a note saying "because you'll always be my baby" It was the sweetest thing. H just looked at me like he didn't understand the happy sobs.
  • Options
    dapple88 said:
    rshamos said:
    I cried this morning bc I asked MH to ask his family to get flu vaccines and WC boosters. He said okay, but I didn't like the way he said it.
    I get that! I've done that so many times! They really need to watch their tone... ::Big Hugs::

Right! Plus, he didn't respond quickly enough!
  • Options
    Someone on Facebook posted about how pregnant women shouldn't use antibacterial soap so I commented,"Sigh.  Since pregnancy weakens your immune system and I work in a hospital, I guess I will search out other options."  Then another one of my friends wrote that pregnancy does not weaken your immune system and you have more blood than any other time and I should enjoy it.  I almost wrote that every single thing I have read says that the baby takes up some of your immunity and since I am STILL getting over a sinus infection I got two weeks ago, something with my immunity has changed.  Instead, I shut my office door and cried over the fact that everyone has so many opinions and I am just doing the best I can with the information I have (trying to eat organic, use natural products, not use medication).
  • Options

@paigep8, who are these stupid people who think a pregnant woman's immune system isn't compromised?!  that's what keeps our own bodies from attacking the fetus!  And how does more blood volume = a good time?  if anything, it makes your heart work harder because it has to oxygenate more.

sheesh, just living in today's world...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    @abcmom12-Thank you!!  I was going to pull out my Mayo Clinic Pregnancy book and start quoting it, but I figured it would fall on deaf ears.  And the extra blood???  That is causing me extra anxiety!  The faster heart beat, occasional skipped beats...that's not how I like to enjoy myself.  She also mentioned that we have more vital chi than any other time in our lives.  I believe that translates to natural energy, which is something else I am not experiencing.  If she has a spa treatment or CD that can help me tap into that, sign me up, otherwise I am having a very different pregnancy than she had and today that made me feel like I am already failing as a parent and I suck at pregnancy.
  • Options
    I sat and cried about made up conversations that probably won't happen.
  • Options
    The awkwardness of pregnancy, swollen breasts, can't fit into my clothes, my terrible skin, the fact that I look like I could be easily rolled down a hill, my husband says things without thinking, our sex life has sucked for months now, certain smells make me throw up in public places, flared up ibs, acid reflux, kidney stones, kidney infections. The only positive outcome I have about this pregnancy is my beautiful baby girl, who will grace us with her presence this December. Can't wait for it to be over.
  • Options
    I wanted to pout about raw onions in a bean burrito last night but I held it together :)
  • Options
    I dropped my breakfast sandwich AND coffee while rushing out the door to work. I definitely teared up. 
    M born 1/6/09 - A born 12/31/10 - baby BOY RCS 12/2/14 

image   image

• Options
    @stormygrace‌ some new study came out this week about antibacterial soap and pregnancy. Should be easy to google.
  • Options
    BayCamp said:
    I just had a full out ugly cry. My mom lives 20 hours away and sent me a care package with a couple maternity shirts, a little present for the baby, and an Archie comic (I was obsessed as a kid) with a note saying "because you'll always be my baby" It was the sweetest thing. H just looked at me like he didn't understand the happy sobs.
    ... and this just made me tear up. soooo wonderful
  • Options
    The other morning I sobbed for 10 minutes because I was running late and just wanted to wear my Brett Keisel shirt to work! I just wanted to feel relaxed for the day. This of course made me even more late which made me sob even more!

<CafeMom Tickers>

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

I've truly enjoyed reading the responses on this thread. Gotta love those hormones!

• Options
    Sonic put ketchup instead of mustard on my cheeseburger.
  • Options
    My BIL did the dishes...which I took as a commentary on my inability to keep house. I cried. A lot. I think I'm getting increasingly anxious overall, which is frustrating!
    Married 11/9/13
    TTC since Jan 2014
    BFP 4/4/14, EDD 12/06/14
    image BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    There was very little traffic on my way to work today....

They were Happy tears...

FN rediculous.

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Aha! Found the thread I was looking for :) I just cried bc I had to make dinner.... I'm only making spaghetti with sauce from a jar. I think baby was still bummed that I didn't buy that soft pretzel at the mall :/ I had to hide from DH to not make him feel bad lol.
    image  imageimage

D14 mama with an O14 baby.
  • Options
    Cried at the grocery store because I thought they stopped carrying my favorite food. The 16 year old kid working there took pity on me and pointed out it had just been moved, not discontinued.
  • Options
    I got out of breath walking to my car after dinner tonight. My husband looked at me like I was nuts and cue the water works and "he doesn't realize what I am going through".
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• Options
    I almost busted out in full out sobs this morning trying to make a vet appointment for the dog because she got an ear infection. I recently moved an hour away from our old vet so I was calling a couple of places that friends recommended but none we're taking new clients. So I felt like a terrible dog mommy because she wasn't feeling well and I couldn't find a vet for her. I eventually gave up and made an appointment with our old vet and flew out there for a last minute appointment

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16

• Options
    acac104acac104 member
    edited August 2014
    I cry every time I look in the mirror.

• Options
    I thought for sure that our local Kohl's had a maternity section. I go back to work next week and everything is uncomfortable. I go in this morning to take advantage of the sales and NO maternity section D: This is the 4th attempt to find maternity clothes in stores that only sell online. WTH?? I need to try stuff on! I don't wanna buy EVERYTHING at Motherhood Maternity.. It's expensive! So I cried in frustration. Poor DH doesn't know how to react anymore lol.
    image  imageimage

D14 mama with an O14 baby.
  • Options
    I cried sunday because hubby wouldn't go to pottery barn with me. I cried last night because I was sitting in the nursery and picked up a baby book my friend had given me. I guess it really hit me that I'm going to have a baby and I was so excited/happy/nervous that I started crying. That is more understandable I guess. I really wanted to go to pottery barn....
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Options
    Couldn't sleep the other night, so I picked up the book I'm reading (won't name it because I don't want to spoil it for anyone). The two main characters are in love with each other and after lots of effort not to fall for each other, they finally admit it and are intimate for the first time. The way that part of the book was written + DH and I having no intimate interaction for quite some time = Me feeling sorry for myself and sobbing uncontrollably at 2am, trying not to wake DH. :((
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"