Pregnant after 35
Options

Maternity Clothes (answered-thanks!)

Lady2010Lady2010 member
edited August 2014 in Pregnant after 35
Hi Ladies - 

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  I am starting to need maternity clothes - my shorts still fit but jeans can't be buttoned (I tried the belly band but it keeps rolling up).  I also wanted to buy some sun dresses and skirts since we are heading out on vacation and only have 3 dresses that work - though I look more fat than pregnant in them.

Other than Gap Maternity (which has really good prices when you don't want to spent a ton), the Destination Maternity family of stores, and Old Navy Maternity - where else should I look?  It drives me nuts that there are so few stores that carry maternity - unless I am just not looking in the right places.

I specifically need to find swimwear - yikes!  There will be a pool and lake where we are going and I would like to have the option of swimming.  

Any tips are greatly appreciated!
***signature/ticker warning***
Me:37 DH:39
TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Maternity Clothes (answered-thanks!)

• Options
    I found my maternity swimsuit at Target and it was on sale. There were some at Kohls as well but they didn't have my size.  I ended up going with a two piece tankinin so I am covered. 

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options

I second Target and Kohl's. Macy's also has a small selection. Buy Buy Baby has some too.

I had multiple poor customer service experiences at a variety of Destination Maternity locations. Incorrect bra fittings, poor return policies, online orders shipped with security tags still on them (and in-person stores refused to remove them), etc, etc.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Walmart.com and Target, store and online.
  • Options
    I have had decent luck with Motherhood- I know they get a bad rap, but I've found that I had to check several places to find the things that I needed/wanted. 

Some others to try- Thyme is a Canadian maternity line/store and they now ship to the US.  Asos also has super cute stuff (they are located in England, but ship to the US).  Just be prepared with both to pay a customs fee (I know this to be true with Asos).

H&M, Target, Kohl's, Gap, ON (I've found that you have to be super careful with their stuff as the panels on their bottoms can be crappy- too low and too stretchy).  I don't own anything from Walmart, but I have had friends who had good luck with them and said that the quality was about the same as their Target stuff.

I also have a bunch of stuff that is not maternity, but the cut of the top or dress worked fine as maternity.  This time around, I found this to be particularly true with H&M- I have two basic maxi dresses and a longer tunic/dress that were not from their maternity section. 

I'd also watch Craigslist and check your area for resale shops that carry maternity. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies.  I went to Pea in the Pod today - simply because they are in town and I had to stay local while waiting for a repair guy to come out.  I found a tankini for $59.  I am going to head out to the 'burbs tomorrow to check out the Destination Maternity - but at least I have something if I don't find anything there.

Will check these other places out once I am back for mat. clothes - there are none near me - all are 20 - 30 min away. 
    ***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My sears and Macy's have maternity too...you have to ask because they put them in weird depts! Lol...I also found for casual Capri yoga pants a size up is working well instead of jeans;) I wear them with longer summer top and have gotten lots of compliments!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"