Parenting

S/O IUD

I want to go back on birth control. I used to be on the low dosage pill but my feet used to swell on it so I stopped. My sister does the depo shots and loves them. I'm not sure I want to Do an IUD.

What do you use? How do you like it?

I am also in the mix of finding a new doctor so I will talk to them when I find them too of course

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O IUD

• I love my IUD.  I don't tolerate hormones well at all.  So, I went with the paragard, nonhormonal IUD.  

Why/what are your concerns/reasons against an IUD?
    Honestly between stories here and all the warnings out there I'm a little freaked out about them

• We use condoms. Hormonal BC is not my friend and IUDs scare me (thanks TB). That's probably no help at all, huh?

You always help :)

• Loading the player...
  • I know I just posted about the issues with my Mirena, but I would still get it again.  I never really minded taking the pill until I didn't have to take it anymore.  It's such a pain in the ass.  Some people like the Nexplanon.  You could consider that too.
  • I would get another Mirena but my stupid ute is misshappen so my doc didn't recommend it. We are currently just using condoms because I didn't want to go on hormonal BC again. I've had issues with the pill and got KU on the shot, so I decided against it at least until I wean LO.

If I were going to get back on bc I would probably do Nexplanon but I think that SO will get snipped later this year and that will be that.

Good luck finding something that works for you! 

~*~*~You're Such A Pretty Melody, I'm Just Another Tattooed Tragedy~*~*~
    FKA: Mireland23  image
  • Nexplanon. Besides the crazy bruising for the few days after I had it put in, I have had zero issues so far.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I just went on bc again. Years ago I used the NuvaRing and liked it, so that's what I chose this time.

If we weren't going to TTC in a few months, I would have gone the IUD route.
  • Copper iud here. So far no problems. I haven't had the terrible cramp issue that I was told could happen. Period was a bit heavier than usual but not excessively so. I was done with hormones.

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • I love my mirena.  I'm on my 2nd one.  My 1st got placed 6w pp after having my twins.  I did spot off and on for several months, but I've not had true AF since before I got pg (about 9 yrs ago). 

In the beginning, I checked my strings every month.  One month I couldn't find them and freaked out.  Went to the dr, and the strings were just tucked up in a funny spot.  I haven't checked strings since, and I've never been able to feel the strings of my 2nd one.  I'm planning on getting another mirena once this one expires.

Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • I've had Mirena since Dec 2012 and no issues. I rarely have any bleeding at all and little to no cramps.

We will probably TTC #3 sometime next year and I'm already dreading getting it out.
  • I love my mirena so much that I'm considering changing my mind about the DH getting a v when this one is done next year.  that was always my plan but I love love not having a period.  And I say that as someone who was the 1% that had a perforated uterus putting it in (the first time it went fine, that happened with my second after my second child was born).  For some reason despite the fact that I have giant babies my uterus was the "size of a pre-pregnant woman" following my second.  That did hurt but we just let it heal for a month and I went right back and had it redone.  My 5 years are up next year and I will likely do it again.
  • I've had both IUDs now. I got Mirena placed at 6w pp with Cade. I liked it for a time. Then the side effects of hormones kicked in and I didn't like it. So I had it removed. I went on regular BC and did that for a year. My body just really dislikes hormones. So, I got tired of hormonal BC all together and got Paragard placed 2 weeks ago. It's been great. Little cramping for a week or so. A little extra discharge. Now everything is perfectly normal. No hormones and I love it. Plus Paragard can be used as emergency contraception and works right away. Unlike Mirena which needs time to release enough hormone to work.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"