December 2014 Moms

Has a stranger noticed you are pregnant yet?

Hi Ladies!  My due date isn't until December 29 so I know I'm at an earlier stage of my pregnancy than many of you, but I was wondering, when was the first time a stranger noticed you are pregnant?  Although it's clear to me that I've popped, I'm pretty petite and I'm still waiting for the day for people who don't know me to notice!

Re: Has a stranger noticed you are pregnant yet?

• Yes, but I showed super early with both kids. I don't remember when the first stranger asked, but I did have a cashier offer to carry my dog food since I was pregnant at the store last weekend.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is my second pregnancy but as far as my size goes, I look almost the same as I did with my first by comparison of my old profile pictures.  We told a handful of co-workers at 13 weeks but none of my other co-workers have made a peep yet.  I don't think I got my first remark from a stranger with my first pregnancy until 23-24 weeks or so.

• Loading the player...
  • Cyingling1Cyingling1 member
    edited August 2014
    I'm 22 weeks and on Tuesday I was out to eat with the sister who is 27 weeks and showing much more than I am. The hostess seating us said mentioned us both being pregnant. That was the first time for me!

Edit- typo
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh yea. My first one was on the 4th of July.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I have had a few people notice. The most memorable was a charming individual that made a comment about me having a young baby already (DD is 15 months) and why on earth would I want to do it again so soon. I just laughed it off.

I am kind of in that awkward stage at work with baggy scrubs that people are questioning if I am pregnant or not. I think I definitely look pregnant now in clothes at 21 weeks.

• I haven't had anybody say anything yet, but I've definitely had a higher occurrence of people holding doors for me.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • I just look like am getting fat. Lol. I am already plus size... so it just look like I am gaining more in the front. I can still wear my pre prego clothes.
    Not looking forward to tell my new boss(long story) hopefully I won't get that judgement look (even longer story)
  • People seemed to start noticing wednesday last week. I got a lot of "pregnant teenager" looks from people, my mom thought it was hysterical

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Last week for the first time at 22 weeks, I was out getting my lunch and some guy behind me says "Hey you got a little boy floating around in there?" I was so confused and once I realized that yes he actually was talking to me (and what a strange thing to say!), I corrected him and told him it was a girl.  I was so shocked that somebody noticed and realized I better tell my coworkers soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was shocked around 16 weeks a man at my work asked me when I was due. It was shocking because men are typically terrified to ask a woman, especially if she's not about to give birth, but it was also really nice. I'll be 24 weeks tomorrow and this week my belly seriously popped. I can tell by the looks everywhere that I am offically unmistakably pregnant. My SIL commented last night that DS can hardly fit around my belly anymore when I hold him. Yikes, with 16 weeks left I am terrified of how much bigger I will be!

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Not really. At least that I know of. No one has said anything yet.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Not a single comment yet. I'm 20wks and when I told my neighbor a few days ago, she gave me a shocked look and said I didn't look pregnant. I took that as a compliment! First baby btw.
    BFP#1: 7/26/13, EDD 4/5/2014, MMC @8wks
    BFP#2: 4/18/14, EDD 12/24/14
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I work for the public and I was ringing in a customers order on wednesday and she asked me "when are you due?"
    - she could tell that I was caught by suprise. Im 22 weeks and nobody (as a stranger) has noticed since.
    I lit right up :-)
  • A stranger noticing you are pregnant is not the same thing as your first comment from a stranger.  People may already be noticing.  I got my first acknowledgement around 22 weeks with my first (gave up their seat on the subway).  But I had "popped" weeks before that.  This time, um, I don't recall.  It was a much bigger deal and more memorable to me the first around:)  

DS 06/2013

DD 12/2014

• I'm 23 weeks and this finally happened to me for the first time yesterday! I was so excited! Lol...maybe I finally look pregnant instead of just fat!
  • I think I'm pretty obviously pregnant at this point, but fortunately (for my ego's sake) strangers have had the courtesy not to make any comments yet. It will come though...
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Today was the first time someone has asked me about it. I'm 23 weeks today. 
    BFP #1 - 12.25.13 // MMC - 01.23.14
    BFP #2 - 03.27.14 // EDD - 12.07.14

• I had someone last week! I was at macys and the cashier asked when I was due. Completely caught me off guard :)
    Me: 32, DH:33, Married: 8/30/2008, TTC since: 10/1/2012
    DX: Me - DOR & tubal issues, DH: none. 
    June 2004: Ectopic pregnancy with DH while dating
    October & November 2013: IUI #1 & 2 - BFN
    December 2013:Taking a break, trying on our own.
    January 2014: BFP!!!! Ectopic pregnancy ruptured at 6wks1day. Left Fallopian tube removed. Noted during surgery the right Fallopian tube is severely damaged from 2004 ectopic pregnancy.
    April 8 2014: IVF#1 w/ISCI: 10 received, 5 mature, 3 fertilized. Day 3 transfer of all three embies.
    April 22, 2014: BFP! beta #1: 80 beta #2: 211 One nugget! 
    January 6, 2015: Adeline Marguerite is here!!

image image

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nope, still haven't been asked.
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
    Olivia- Due December 24th
  • Umm... I was 8 weeks PG this time. Yeah...

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• colliebabecolliebabe member
    edited August 2014
    No but I feel like my bump still looks like a "could have recently given birth" bump.

ETA: People who know me who just haven't seen me in awhile notice though. Just not strangers yet.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Those close to me say that I'm not showing yet, but I did get the evil look from an elder woman at the gym today while running on the treadmill. She kept shaking her head at me and making that "tsk tsk" sound. I almost beamed her with my water bottle, but held back since attacking old people would land me in a jail cell.

• JaymeeLH said:

People seemed to start noticing wednesday last week. I got a lot of "pregnant teenager" looks from people, my mom thought it was hysterical

I know about those "pregnant teenager" looks! I think it must be due to my short stature or something. People can be so shameless with their judgmental glares! Are you on the short side as well?

To answer OP's question, I'm due December 11 and I had my first comment from a stranger about 4 weeks ago. I started showing earlyish though thanks to my already existent pooch. ;)
  • 4th of July a lady commented and so I would have been 19 weeks! But she was the only one and I popped pretty early especially for it being my first.
  • I'm petite and show early. Strangers have been asking me about my pregnancy for quite sometime. People are so strange. They will yell Congratulations/God bless/Boy or girl to me from across the street.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • People seemed to start noticing wednesday last week. I got a lot of "pregnant teenager" looks from people, my mom thought it was hysterical
    I know about those "pregnant teenager" looks! I think it must be due to my short stature or something. People can be so shameless with their judgmental glares! Are you on the short side as well? To answer OP's question, I'm due December 11 and I had my first comment from a stranger about 4 weeks ago. I started showing earlyish though thanks to my already existent pooch. ;)
    I'm not a shrimp, I'm 5'4" I just have a very young face. When I was still working on the ambulance I used to have patients regularly ask if I was 14, 15 or 16. One of my co-workers also thought I was fresh out of high school. I caught one girl (she looked to be about 17 and definitely had the judge-y attitude of one) staring at me with an unmistakable look of disgust while I was at Starbucks one day, so I stared right back at her...I love doing that to people, especially when you manage to make eye contact and hold it.

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The nurses at my dr's office(whom I see quite often thanks to my once a week prog. injections) always call me baby or kiddo. I have a really young face and young voice, as well. Love the look of surprise when I say I have a child in kindergarten. :) 

Anyway, to answer the question, I have had a couple strangers notice, but I really think they are brave as I could easily pass for someone that just had a baby or just carries the weight there. 
    M born 1/6/09 - A born 12/31/10 - baby BOY RCS 12/2/14 

image   image

• STM and obviously pregnant. I'm 21 weeks but no one has had the nerve to say anything even though I have seen a lot of people notice the bump. I said something about being pregnant to another mom at the park and she said "Oh, you're pregnant?" I was in a tight shirt and was sad she thought that I was that chubby and not pregnant.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited August 2014
    JaymeeLH said:

I'm not a shrimp, I'm 5'4" I just have a very young face. When I was still working on the ambulance I used to have patients regularly ask if I was 14, 15 or 16. One of my co-workers also thought I was fresh out of high school. I caught one girl (she looked to be about 17 and definitely had the judge-y attitude of one) staring at me with an unmistakable look of disgust while I was at Starbucks one day, so I stared right back at her...I love doing that to people, especially when you manage to make eye contact and hold it.

--------------------------Quote box fail-------------

Ahh, yes. The teenage girl death stare. It freaks me out when that happens, because I am likely twice their age! :))
    Kudos to you for mastering the staring contest! Ha, that's hilarious. I tend to give them a five second look so they'll know I see them staring. Usually that's enough for them to look away, unless they're really full of snotty teenage attitude!
  • edited August 2014
    I have the same due date and since this is my second baby I am starting to show a lot right now. Yesterday I walked er.... waddled my way across the street to this delicious bagel shop that I'm obsessed with almost every morning and on my way over I extended my arm to reach out for the door when this women panics wait hang on you've got a baby in there let me help you and kindly opened the door for me. It was nice of her but I'm just pregnant not disabled lol. Geez people!!! Lol. But it's a great feeling knowing that people could tell at this point.
  • First time was around 17 weeks, I think. Costco sample lady asked what we were having, so apparently I looked at least halfway done at that point. This Saturday alone I had 3-4 people mention it so it's definitely obvious now. Third baby. I'm going to be enormous by the end, I fear. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Oh yes lol the man at the train station every morning who hands out the newspaper tells me congrats everyday and another lady at a grocery store saw me rubbing my stomach and said "rub your stomach as much as you can now because before you know it your little one will be here, pregnancy goes by so quickly" Thought that was nice :) I've noticed strangers pay a lot
    more attention to me now that's for sure lol
  • My patients notice all of the time.  Some mention it.  Others wait until I say something (which I do sometimes).  They always say that they thought so, but didn't want to be rude. I appreciate that. 
  • This past week! I was wearing non maternity shirts with side ruching and rocking my bump.
    Pregnant with #2

IVF cycle 1 (Nov 2013)- freeze all d/t OHSS
    FET #1-BFN
    FET #2-BFP baby girl born Dec 2014
    FET #3-Sept 2017 BFP but miscarried at 6 weeks

IVF cycle 2 (Oct 2017)- freeze all again d/t OHSS
    FET #1 BPF, pregnant with a singleton due Sept 2018

• I am 21 weeks and feel like I kind of 'popped' recently! A lady at church came up to me yesterday and said discretely, 'Are you pregnant?' then followed it up with, "I noticed you've been wearing your glasses a lot lately and I remember that when I was pregnant I was always wearing glasses because my contacts were so dry!"

She may have also taken a hint from the maternity top with side ruching that I was wearing ;) DH and I were talking about how embarrassing that would have been if I wasn't pregnant!
  • I'm 24 weeks and a lady at my dentist office asked me last week.. I thought it was pretty ballsy of her considering I'm still at the stage where it could be questionable whether I'm pregnant or just a little chubby.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• At 18 weeks. Bus driver looked at me getting on the bus and said, "girrrl, you got twins in there?!?" (Nope. I don't.)
    D14 November, because I am finally not on mobile, how I feel in 3rd tri:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is my first and also quite petite. I started showing quite early - 13-14 weeks. That was around the same time someone offered me their seat on the bus!!! I love it...I get on a pretty busy bus and now I don't need to worry about it being full and no getting a seat!
  • The guy at the auto parts store today asked how far along I was, turns out his fiancée is pregnant.
  • No one has said anything to me yet (I'm 22 weeks).  I think they have noticed, but are erring on the side of caution.  It feels/looks super obvious to me!  And people who know me can definitely tell my belly has popped.

I think it might be a bit of a regional thing too.  Here in the northwest people are a little reserved until they get to know you.  I was hanging out with a pregnant friend in New Orleans last year, and she got a TON of comments from strangers.

D14 December Siggy- Free For all:

Christmas holidays quotes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"