Multiples

High chairs, boosters, or table

Just want thoughts on what would be most convenient. Expecting quads and I can't decide if we want to get 4 high chairs (used- no sense in paying full price), boosters (that strap onto our table chairs), or just break down and buy the table with the built in toddler seats. Anyone have any feedback? We wanted to start our registries as soon as possible!

Thanks!

Re: High chairs, boosters, or table

• I have no experience yet, but we decided to get the ones that strap into our chairs because we have a high too table and dealing with standard height high chairs would be annoying.
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004C43JJ4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1407719583&sr=8-2&pi=SX200_QL40

We use these. No fabric is key to easy clean up. I used a big ass high chair for my oldest and ditched it within months for this one. It's great.

• Loading the player...
  • We have two Fisher Price Grow With Me high chairs. They work great and don't take up much space.

We also have two Fisher Price portable high chairs that we take everywhere with us. The portable chairs are lightweight and super easy to use.

I debated using the portable seats as our primary high chairs. I like Grow With Me high chairs for a number of reasons:
    -easy to get the boys in and out
    -stay set up at the house. I can keep the portable ones in my car.
    -the boys are more comfortable in them
    - don't use up the dining room chairs when we have people over.

Good luck with your choice.
  • saskysasky member
    edited August 2014

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004C43JJ4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1407719583&sr=8-2&pi=SX200_QL40

We use these. No fabric is key to easy clean up. I used a big ass high chair for my oldest and ditched it within months for this one. It's great.

For DS1 we used the Bumbo w/ tray at first and then moved to this. We had a high chair but never used it. This just worked better for us and we'll use it this time too. I'm glad we know this now because I would personally hate having 2 high chairs take up so much space in our kitchen area! Plus these are so much cheaper.

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• Were having triplets and are getting the table with the built in toddler chairs. When I was in college I worked at a daycare that had them and they were great and super easy to clean, the chairs pop out. Also after doing some doing around the take is cheaper than 3 high chairs.
  • The table sounds interesting if you have enough room for it. We use the ones that snap onto the regular chairs and now i wish we had gotten cheap fold up high chairs. We are having a third and only have 4 kitchen table chairs so we can't all sit together unless I drag a dining room chair back and forth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • rcnavywifercnavywife member
    edited August 2014
    We have fisher price space saver high chairs that attach onto our kitchen chairs. They don't take up as much space as regular high chairs, but also give good support in sitting. I considered a feeding table, but I think the chairs will give us more flexibility, and there is no way they could sit in one yet.

ETA: we have the FP chairs on old kitchen chairs from our last set that we had kept. That way we still have enough chairs for everyone and they won't destroy my newer chairs ;-)
    Me: 33 DH: 36 Unexplained IF
    First pregnancy - DS 01-Apr-09;
    3rd cycle Clomid/IUI after 2 years TTC
    TTC #2 since ~June 2010
    IUI #1 & 2 - Clomid/IUI - BFN
    IUI #3 &4 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFN
    IUI #5 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFP!!
    EDD: March 22, 2013
    It's triplets!!

• If the table with built-in seats is cost or space prohibitive, I would probably get 2 that strap onto my chairs and 2 regular high chairs. That's what I think would work best for my house, so just think about what your space looks like.
  • With triplets I bought the cheap IKEA chairs and a stool with wheels - I would set the LOs up in a semi circle and just rotate slightly from one to the next. The convenience of the IKEA chairs are that they stack and are light weight. So when I wasn't using them I stacked them and than hung them on the wall with a hook (anchored of course). The legs also easily snap out which made traveling with them easy.
  • We also use old chairs for the FP boosters. They're some type of MDF wood from target about 4-5yrs ago. Anyway, it all can be hosed down which is nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"