New York Babies
Options

Need OB - NYU langone or ny pres

Hi - thinking of switching from cityscape to another dr/practice. Any recommendations? Looking for affiliation at NYU langone or ny pres/Weill Cornell ideally. I've just been unhappy with drs at cityscape and read a lot of bad reviews - at 16 weeks now feel like it's now or never to switch.

Re: Need OB - NYU langone or ny pres

• Options
    I left cityscape too. I'm down the street at the nyu practice. I've seen Ashley Roman mostly, she does high risk, and William Schweizer. It's hard to schedule but I find them warmer than the cityscape docs.
  • Options
    citybirthscitybirths member
    edited January 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi, my Dr Rachel Villanueva is associated with NYU Langone.  She delivered my first and I'm now seeing her again for my second.  If you google her you will find contact information and reviews.  I have to tell that the reviews are lukewarm.  She is a very straightforward person and does not have the friendliest disposition.  Not that she's not nice, she just doesn't dwell on fluff.  She's an excellent doctor and that's what matters for me.  For my first child I had a very long labor and took over 20 hours to get to an active labor.  I know most doctors would have likely pushed me to have a C section.  The nurses at the hospital told me that.  Dr. V was patient with me.  There was no risk to me and the baby and no C was done.  I delivered a healthy baby and for that I would recommend her.  She's a good doctor and that's what's most important.
  • Options
    I love love love Langone. Durante and Lau are my two favorites.
  • Options
    I love hearing that because there's a decent chance one of them will do my delivery. Every doc in the practice had been nice that I've met but they make no effort to have toy see everyone.
  • Options
    susan0124susan0124 member
    edited August 2014
    I also love NYU- Drs. Podolsky and Lau are great! I've heard great things about Dr. Durante as well. You will eventually see all the doctors in the practice since you never know who will be on call when you go into labor.
    TTC #1 since July 2013
    MMC: December 2013
    TTC #2 since February 2014
    BFP: 3/24/2014
    EDD: 12/4/2014 :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love Weill Cornell Medical Associates in Tribeca. My OB is Dr. Beatrice Im, she was my Gyn and naturally because I love how patience and how well she takes her time to explain things to me I choose her to be my OB. The practice is always friendly and very efficient. My appointments are always on time, the most I've waited in a waiting room is 5 minutes. She lets me get all my concerns and questions in and I never feel rush. At times I feel like I dont have enough questions. They have use mychart, which great to access all test information, schedule appointments and event communicate with the doctors. I love them. The deliver hospital is Lower East Side Manhattan Hospital which a NYU/Weill Cornell Hospital.
  • Options
    I am actually surprised because my first visit was with Podolsky and she seemed uninterested and borderline rude.  Would you say that is not her normal demeanor?  I was really taken aback since I was so happy to get an appt with NYU.  But I have heard Lau is great from many physicians and patients.  
  • Options
    Not sure if you are still looking for an OB for NYU, but I'm with Spring OB and I've been really impressed with the doctors there.  It's a group practice and I'm seeing Linda Cho up to 20 weeks and then rotate doctors until delivery.  They are located in SoHo which may or may not be convenient for you.  The also take insurance.
  • Options
    If you haven't switched yet, check out downtown Women. Dr Min delivered DS and I would have been happy with anyone at the practice delivering DS. They have a separate office just for OB patients. The nurses are so great and I never have to wait long to be seen.

Duke Winter 10/11/12
    Baby Duex 05/20/15

NYC Momma 

"My stroller is my SUV"
  • Options

If you haven't switched yet, check out downtown Women. Dr Min delivered DS and I would have been happy with anyone at the practice delivering DS. They have a separate office just for OB patients. The nurses are so great and I never have to wait long to be seen.

She is my dr too! Love her! Can't keep her for OB bc I am high risk but I really like her as my GYN . I also so dr Baxbaum in the office as well - she was so great! Nurses ie: Kate are fab!
    I'm really sad to leave them --- going in for a first appt just to see them/ feel good / share good news before I move to high risk .
  • Options

I left cityscape too. I'm down the street at the nyu practice. I've seen Ashley Roman mostly, she does high risk, and William Schweizer. It's hard to schedule but I find them warmer than the cityscape docs.

Hi- I'm moving over to high risk . She is going to be my dr as well. I'm meeting with her week 10.
    You really like her? I was wondering if I should have a plan b in case we don't click.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"