March 2015 Moms
Options

When did you/will you stop worrying about miscarriage?

Hey everyone,
I'm 6 weeks 4 days today. 3 days ago I had a viability ultrasound and saw a fetal pole and heartbeat. I will go back at 9 weeks for a dating ultrasound. I've had very light spotting but the doctor said everything looked great and he isn't worried. I was happy for a day or so and now I'm worried that when I go back at 9 weeks, it will have ended. I read that once you hear a heartbeat, you risk of miscarriage is 5-9%. I really don't want to ruin this experience for myself by worrying. I don't know how to stop. Has anyone else gone through this? If so, any tips on how to relax? Thanks for listening!

Re: When did you/will you stop worrying about miscarriage?

• Options
    During my first pregnancy it was all I thought about though I have never experienced a miscarriage. I think it's hard to not think about it and I will probably stop worrying about it after my next ultrasound at 12 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    torileeatorileea member
    edited August 2014
    I worried my entire pregnancy and have the entire time with this one so far.. 10 weeks tomorrow
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I relaxed around the 12 week mark but officially stop worrying at delivery.
    imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I worried the entire time with my first. And he is A ok. At first I worried i would miscarry up until 13-14 weeks. And then I stressed until the 20 week us to make sure everything was good. Then I worried about going into Walt labor before 27 weeks when they have a chance. After that it was worrying about when I would have my baby, would my water break in public and stuff like that. This is my 2nd time around and at 10 weeks I still worry after seeing baby and hearing hb at 8 weeks. I've just learned and told myself stress and worrying isn't good for me or baby. It's all in Gods hands!
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more! Once a parent the worrying NEVER stops!
  • Options
    torileea said:

I worried my entire pregnancy and have the entire time with this one so far.. 10 weeks tomorrow

I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow as well! :)

Worrying is just part of it. Once my chance of miscarriage was minimal the first time, I worried about other things being wrong.

• Options

SNLT1012 said:

I'll stop worrying about miscarriage at 20 weeks and start worrying about stillbirth until my baby is in my arms.

Exactly this.
    I third this.
  • Options
    I prefer to not dwell on it and get overwhelmed because I've learned that's really easy to do.  I worry when it comes time to find the heartbeat with the dopplar at every appointment that it'll suddenly be gone, but otherwise I just try to focus on the positive.  I've had a few losses so I know the reality of m/c, I just choose to not focus on it. But that tends to be my outlook on anything that I consider stressful or overwhelming.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    SNLT1012 said:

I'll stop worrying about miscarriage at 20 weeks and start worrying about stillbirth until my baby is in my arms.

This. Hugs @SNLT1012‌
    TTC #1 June 2010
    1/3/11 S/A - Count 45; Motility 32; Morph 4.3 - 2/10/11 - S/A Count 17mil; Motility 39; Morph 7.9
    1/5/11 Femara Cycle #1 = BFN  2/4/11 Femara Cycle #2 = BFP: 3/4/11 - Starting Progesterone suppositories 
    Beta#1 15DPO = 108; Beta#2 17DPO = 179; Beta#3 18DPO = 259; Beta 4# 20DPO =659!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    TTC#2 Pulled goalie 5/12, PPAF 3/13, BFP 6/27 Beta 15DPO=248! 
    Dx Severe Hydrocephalus and severe Dandy Walker Cyst.   Stillborn 10/19/13
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    TTC#3 - (No preventing, TTC+progesterone starting 12/13)
    4/7/14 CD3 BW - FSH 5.6; AMH 0.469 - 4/11/14 S/A Count 35, Motility 47, Morph 1.5
    4/16/14 - Cycle 6 - Natural IUI - Beta 12DPIUI = 3; Beta 13DPIUI=4.  15DPIUI=6. 17DPIU=4. Chemical Pregnancy  
    TTC #4
    5/5/14 Dx MTHFR homozygous A1298C, Benched 1 cycle HSG 5/14 both tubes open w/scarring on the left   
    5/28/14 Starting clomid 6/8/14 IUI #2 1 dominant follicle 31mm Beta 11DPIUI =4, 15DPIUI = 74, 17DPIUI = 165 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @gloverbabies‌ jut FYI viability is considered 24w, and some hospitals will work to save them at 22-23w. I have both friends and family who have had babies before 27w who are healthy and thriving now. They had a long hard road but they definitely had more than just "a chance."
    TTC #1 June 2010
    1/3/11 S/A - Count 45; Motility 32; Morph 4.3 - 2/10/11 - S/A Count 17mil; Motility 39; Morph 7.9
    1/5/11 Femara Cycle #1 = BFN  2/4/11 Femara Cycle #2 = BFP: 3/4/11 - Starting Progesterone suppositories 
    Beta#1 15DPO = 108; Beta#2 17DPO = 179; Beta#3 18DPO = 259; Beta 4# 20DPO =659!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    TTC#2 Pulled goalie 5/12, PPAF 3/13, BFP 6/27 Beta 15DPO=248! 
    Dx Severe Hydrocephalus and severe Dandy Walker Cyst.   Stillborn 10/19/13
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    TTC#3 - (No preventing, TTC+progesterone starting 12/13)
    4/7/14 CD3 BW - FSH 5.6; AMH 0.469 - 4/11/14 S/A Count 35, Motility 47, Morph 1.5
    4/16/14 - Cycle 6 - Natural IUI - Beta 12DPIUI = 3; Beta 13DPIUI=4.  15DPIUI=6. 17DPIU=4. Chemical Pregnancy  
    TTC #4
    5/5/14 Dx MTHFR homozygous A1298C, Benched 1 cycle HSG 5/14 both tubes open w/scarring on the left   
    5/28/14 Starting clomid 6/8/14 IUI #2 1 dominant follicle 31mm Beta 11DPIUI =4, 15DPIUI = 74, 17DPIUI = 165 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I still haven't had an ultrasound but I think that is the first milestone I need to get over to stop worrying. Until I know a baby is actually in there and it's not my body and hormones deceiving me, it'll feel more real. But I agree...after so many sad stories I've heard I don't think I'll stop worrying until after I give birth.
  • Options
    Someone posted this on a different forum I use and it's kind of gives nice peace of mind. It's set up for my due date so you can adjust for yours.

https://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=06&d=23&y=14

I heard my baby's heartbeat last week and I go again next week for another ultrasound. I decided to not worry and dwell in joy and happiness unless something tells me things are wrong.
  • Options

I heard my baby's heartbeat last week and I go again next week for another ultrasound. I decided to not worry and dwell in joy and happiness unless something tells me things are wrong.

This. I choose to not live in fear. I only tell people that I would be willing to untell in the event of miscarriage.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I never stopped worrying about a miscarriage with my first child.  I'll never stop worrying about a miscarriage/stillbirth until I hold this baby in my arms as well.  I think that is part of being a mom, you never stop worrying about your child.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    September Siggy Challenge- You had one job

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My mom said she never stopped worrying :/.
    Daisypath Vacation tickersBabyFetus Ticker
    Married 19 October 2013
    TTC since June 2014
    BFP: 3 July 2014
    EDD: Pi Day 2015
  • Options
    I never stopped worrying during my last pregnancy. Once I wasn't worried about a miscarriage, I was worried they would come too early. (They did @ 27 weeks) My twins are perfectly healthy 3 year olds today, and I still worry about them. I think it's part of being a parent. Needless to say, I'll be worrying this whole pregnancy too.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I was worrying quite a bit for awhile,  but the further I am along the less I worry.  I am a pretty optimistic person to begin with so I think that is working in my favor.
    EDD 3/11/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    It's so hard not to worry. But just like I worry about my baby and praying I get to hold him/her in my arms in March, I also worry about my toddler. It comes with the territory of being a parent. It does help to see the heartbeat, so try to focus on that. And there's essentially nothing in our control right now, so worrying about it will not change the outcome. Just remain positive that your baby and body know what to do, and that everything will be ok, no matter the outcome.
  • Options
    Yeah, there is very little you can do to cause a miscarriage and, sadly, very little you can do to prevent it should it happen.  No woman should ever blame herself for any loss or think that she caused it.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options

I still haven't had an ultrasound but I think that is the first milestone I need to get over to stop worrying. Until I know a baby is actually in there and it's not my body and hormones deceiving me, it'll feel more real. But I agree...after so many sad stories I've heard I don't think I'll stop worrying until after I give birth.

Exactly all of this for me.
    Me(29), DH (29)
    Married December 2011     TTC#1 Since November 2013
    Dec. 2013... BFP! 12/31/13... Natural M/C 1/29/14 (8 weeks)
    July 2014...BFP!... 17dpo beta 581...19dpo beta 1419!!.. stick baby, stick!
    EDD: 3/20/15.. It's a boy!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    For me personally, I had just started to ease my worrying about a week ago. I'm a serious worry wart and I feel as if I'm going to be worried my entire life from here on out. However I'd decided to try a care free approach to see if I could. However, then I got the utterly horrible news that a good friend of mine lost her twin girls at 20 weeks. It was a little bit of a slap in the face for me, because it's so widely accepted that the chance of miscarriage drops greatly by that point. I feel like I'm going to be worried about miscarriage until baby comes, and that's that. However, I'm trying not to let the worry rule my thoughts. 
    Baby A 
    EDD: March 15th, 2015 <3
    Aurelian Jameson or Ailey Rae 

• Options
    I completely relate. I find that my cynical ways leave me afraid to get too attached to this baby in case it doesn't work out. There's a big part of me that tries to stay removed from everything until I reach some sort of milestone that feels reassuring (I'm thinking after nuchal translucency I can maybe accept that this is a reality.). Hang in there. Maybe one of your upcoming milestones will help provide you with some comfort.
  • Options
    @dani727

agreed. I feel as if my feelings are going to be a lot different after this coming Wednesday. It's my first appointment, and thus far it's still a really strange thought to me that there's a baby growing inside me, because even though I definitely feel pregnant in that I'm nauseous and tired etc etc, I feel like it's going to be an entirely different experience when I can feel, hear, or see baby. Pictures, heartbeats, kicks, all of those will assure me more than anything. 
    Baby A 
    EDD: March 15th, 2015 <3
    Aurelian Jameson or Ailey Rae 

• Options
    I'm not sure I will ever stop worrying. I am just a worrier by nature, plus with 2 prior miscarriages (one where we saw an early heartbeat even!) I'm not sure there is anything that can put my mind at ease. Even if this is a successful pregnancy and results in a healthy baby, then I will have a whole new host of thins to worry about! Just try to be rational and remind yourself "today I am pregnant" and take the best care of yourself, both physically and emotionally!
  • Options
    My mom still moans "I just worry about you!" to me at least 4 times a year. I imagine my grandma still worries about my 60 year old father. The worry starts with pregnancy and doesn't end. I accept that this is just a part of the parenting experience and just hope it doesn't detract too much from the joy.
  • Options
    Maybe after first trimester? I had a miscarriage my first pregnancy. I think once I see that it's developing i'll feel a *little* better.
    Rainbow baby due 3-30-15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"