March 2014 Moms

Awful sleep commiseration thread?

13»

Re: Awful sleep commiseration thread?

• It's driving me nuts lately. Audrey sleeps beautifully. Goes down drowsy, falls asleep and wakes up once to eat around 3:30.
    Her brother is a different story. Rhys is waking up every two hours throughout the night and only wants to fall asleep while comfort nursing. He starts off fussing and just gets more and more upset until he is thrashing around the crib and screaming. I managed to cuddle him to sleep without the boob once last night but ugh. So tired.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are at least doing better going down (not taking 3 hours of updown updown crying), but I'm at a complete loss as to what to do about the MOTN wakings. Sometimes I'll feed and sometimes I'll binky. There's not too much rhyme or reason as to how long she will go back down after either. I'm having a hard time getting myself back to sleep after each of them. Apparently MOTN is when I do my best thinking, worrying, and ruminating.

• Loading the player...
  • @sanibel21 same here. He goes down with minimal fuss but wakes up so much. Last night he was down at 7, up at 9, up at 11:15, then sometime around 3 or 4 (not quite sure) I brought him in my bed because I just wanted to sleep! 

• Anyone else feel like they're not sure how they're going to keep going like this? My 2 year old all of a sudden is struggling to sleep at night. I hear her toss and turn constantly and play her music to try to help herself fall back asleep. Then she eventually gets frustrated and cries for DH to rock her. On top of that, DS is waking every 2 hours and wanting held or nursed and often doesn't want to be put down. I just worked with him for two hours to try to get him to stay in his bassinet to sleep instead of crying to be picked back up. I still hear DD tossing around in her crib (1.5 hours after DH rocked her to calm her) through the monitor and expect her to get frustrated and cry again soon. She's getting her last molar so I don't know if that's it or not since she never says it hurts.
  • @StephBrim24‌ after yet another night of lo being up for 2.5 hours straight in the motn, I am questioning how much longer I can keep up. I've already decided after Saturday I'm not making any plans because between work, plans, and terrible sleep, I'm nauseously tired. I can't be myself when I'm so tired and I'd rather not be around people. And people somewhat sympathize but they don't really get it. I find even parents forget exactly how it is. So as much as I can I'm going to lay low for a little bit and try to get some rest just by staying in.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"