December 2014 Moms

Anyone else feel pelvic/groin pain

Im on my second pregnancy and feel like i opened up already.. With my 1st son i felt more this pain more towards the end. I have been walking alot also it just feels likes its too soon.. I called the dr and they said it was normal with second baby and the body remembers but sometimes its just so uncomfortable...

Answers

• Yep. Also a third-timer here and it seems like it has started sooner and gotten worse with each pregnancy.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Yes!! This is baby number two and I started feeling pains a week or two ago. It was hard to stand up for a long period of time. I would feel a sharp pain that would go away when I sat down again. I didn't experience this pain with my first but it turns out to be totally normal. This week I don't feel that pain anymore because I think my body adjusted to the lower pressure. I definitely freaked out at first though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep. Same happened to me with #2. This is #3 and it started even earlier...oh the pressure! :-(
    BFP #1 - 2/1/09-mc 2/5/09 @4wks
    BFP #2 - 6/24/09-mc 7/25/09 @8wks
    6/09 Dx w/PCOS--Metformin & Progesterone
    8/09 Dx w/Compound Hetero MTHFR--Neevo, Metanx & BA
    BFP #3 - 1/11/10 - DD1 born 9/16/10 @39w4d, 8lbs 14oz & 20in.
    Heparin from BFP to 34wks.
    BFP #4 - 10/4/11 - DD2 born 6/2/12 @38w1d, 8lbs 11oz & 21in.
    Same med protocol as last time, but heparin continued until delivery.
    BFP #5 - 3/30/14, EDC 12/10/14!!

Beta #1-76 (12dpo), Beta #2-238 (14dpo)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yup! I'm on #2 and definitely didnt feel this pain until 3rd tri or so last time around. Mine is worse after working out - anyone else experiencing that?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • lynseyadamsonlynseyadamson member
    edited August 2014
    Is it like a stretching pulled muscle pain? I was alseep last night and tried to turn over and couldn't move for the pain. I managed to haul myself out of bed and had to stand for a minute or two till it passed. I'm STM and don't remember this with ds. Also I was laying on my side and coughed, ended up with a big shooting pain across my lower right side. Baby feels much lower too, like it's right in my pelvis. I had this feeling but only after on when ds engaged. I can't imagine how it's going to feel when I'm 30+ weeks :0 x

Edit - I have a large scar where my knicker line is from when I had my spleen and gall bladder removed 3 years ago - it's almost like a c section scar. Oh said maybe the baby is stretching the scar tissue from the inside as that's where I'm feeling the stretchy pulling pain. Or maybe it's round ligament pain? No point calling my midwife because I've got my scan tmw anyway and need to see consultant too so I may as well wait. X

Kieran born 21.1.10

Angel baby 1 lost 18.6.13

Angel baby 2 lost 30.10.13

• Do you mean right on either side of your pelvis/upper thigh area?  I didn't experience the stretching there also until the last 10 weeks or so of pregnancy with my first one. I figured my area was preparing for birth.  This time around, I've felt it since the 2nd trimester. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I feel the stretching pain under my bump - from hip a bone to hip bone. It can be quite a sharp pain that doesn't last long but hurts! X

Kieran born 21.1.10

Angel baby 1 lost 18.6.13

Angel baby 2 lost 30.10.13

• Sarai1250Sarai1250 member
    edited August 2014
    Feeling the same pain as @lynseyadamson‌ at the moment i couldnt even stay standing for long. Im a FTM though..
  • I feel the stretching pain under my bump - from hip a bone to hip bone. It can be quite a sharp pain that doesn't last long but hurts! X
    This has been happening to me as well.
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • I'm a FTM and I've been having groin pain and pelvic pain when I cough or sneeze. I just thought this was part of "round" ligament pain. We just had 20 week ultrasound done and baby was head down but doctor said the baby has plenty of room to turn and move and not to worry and if they did another scan next week baby could be in a different position. I didn't ask about the other because baby was healthy and everything checked out ok on ultrasound. Figured this is just part of pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"