May 2014 Moms

Hates car seat!!

This is my third child but the first to HATE her car seat. She will scream the entire time she is in it...no matter if it's 5 min or 2 hours in the car. My other girls loved the car seat and slept during car rides. Any suggestions on helping her be more happy in the car seat? She is almost 10 weeks old...

Re: Hates car seat!!

• Have you tried a sound animal? I'm not sure what they are called but we got two at my shower. (1 bunny and 1 monkey with taggies) My friend used the bunny, it was the only way she could go somewhere. We really like the little monkey and keep it strapped to her car seat. It has a heart beat/womb sound and when she gets fussy it calms her down. The windows cracked can also help.
  • No advice BC my DD hates it too. She screams so hard she's stopped breathing on 1 occasion. Needless to say, we don't travel by car much...
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the input and glad to hear I m not the only one with this issue. I tried toys attached to the car seat handle and it worked for a short time. Maybe a mirror or light thing on the seat back? Want to avoid buying a convertible car seat since I already have a toddler seat in the car ( I like being able to remove one of my car seats right now)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"