January 2014 Moms
Options

New foods and allergies

So it is recommended to give a new food 3-4 days to make sure there isn't an allergy before moving on to the next. My question is has anyone ever experienced an allergy with a food that only showed up day 3 or 4 of having that food? I realized I may have done some food only two days before moving on to the next but they were "low allergy" foods. Just curious if others experienced an allergy showing up later

Re: New foods and allergies

• Options
    No experience with allergies yet (knocks on wood) with either boys, but I just feed him whatever I'm eating off my plate, so he might get 2-3+ new foods in a meal.  If he had a reaction I would go back and try to narrow it down, but since allergies don't run in our family I'm not too concerned. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh wow, I must have misunderstood.  I thought I could give a new food just once and then wait for four days to make sure there wasn't a reaction.  Does everyone else use the same food four days in a row before moving on to the next?
    imageimage

Lilypie - (75Jo)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    CopperT0p said:
    No experience with allergies yet (knocks on wood) with either boys, but I just feed him whatever I'm eating off my plate, so he might get 2-3+ new foods in a meal.  If he had a reaction I would go back and try to narrow it down, but since allergies don't run in our family I'm not too concerned. 
    this.  With BLW it is just easier that way. 

• Options
    We do 4 days each time and both times she had a reaction they were immediate. She got hives within minutes and they disappeared within an hour of stopping the feeding.
  • Options
    We try about two new foods over a weeks time. I make all her babyfood and I like the system we have. Make new food on a Saturday freeze it and then the next Saturday try so etching new. So far no allergies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"