December 2014 Moms
Options

Crib vs. pack n play with bassinet ?

I was thinking a getting a pack n play with a bassinet instead of an actual crib due to the lack of space. Does anyone one think that I should be worried about the safety of my baby when using a pack n play instead of a crib ? Help please !! Thank you !!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    ZAP12ZAP12 member
    Mine slept in the PNP bassinet for 9 months. It was great. Now she sleeps in the bottom part of the PNP at 2 years old whenever we travel.
    Baby Z: 5/21/12

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

**December 2014 September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall - Fall Leaves and Apple Cider**
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A few of my friends have been using pack-n-plays and have had no issues. We're using a pack-n-play instead a crib for the time being until we move late next year.
    BFP #1 - 12.25.13 // MMC - 01.23.14
    BFP #2 - 03.27.14 // EDD - 12.07.14

• Options
    We used a PNP for a year before transitioning to a crib in his room. We will be starting this one in the PNP as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    JaymeeLHJaymeeLH member
    edited July 2014
    It all depends on your baby, my niece never had a problem in a PNP whereas my nephew would NEVER sleep in one because they're smaller and feel more enclosed than a crib. A PNP is a good investment either way as you can use it for travel, and if you find that as your baby gets older if they don't feel comfortable in it then it's time to fold it up and look into a crib

Edited because I hit post too soon damn mobile

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're starting this LO in the PNP (with the napper doohickey) in our room. And if you don't have space, that seems like a fine one and done option. I'm assuming we'll have a crib in what will be her room and switch her over to that eventually....
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Options
    My son slept in a bassinet until he outgrew it (and slept with me) and moved up to a PNP at the foot of my bed. At 9 months I put him in his crib where he slept through the night every night until about 3 months after turning 2. Now he's in a toddler bed.
  • Options

We have a PnP, RnP, AND crib. She only slept in the RnP for the first 3-4 months and refused to sleep in the bassinet portion of the PnP. We eventually transitioned to the crib around 4ish months, though we still coslept quite a bit during that time.

Now, she'll sleep in the bottom portion of the PnP when we travel, but she was never a fan of the bassinet portion. I think it just depends on the baby. So, my advice is that if you choose to go this route, be prepared for baby to have a mind of her own! ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We picked out a cosleeper that converts to a pack and play later on. Double duty and much easier on the wallet. As far as safety, both are comprable it is more preference.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"