LGBT Parenting

I don't remember inviting AF over...

Not sure where you typically post these when it's not time for the weekly check-in.... But AF came today :( so we officially have to start all over. I'm glad I didn't let myself get too optimistic about this try cause I'm not as bummed as I have been in the past. Hopefully this month is a lot better and we learned from out terrible mistakes from this round!

Re: I don't remember inviting AF over...

• I'm really sorry to see that AF returned. Major bummer. Do something nice for yourself today. :)

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• I'm sorry.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Loading the player...
  • JGYJGY member

I'm so sorry.  It always sucks.  Sometimes it sucks worse, but it always sucks.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Well poo. I'm sorry. Have a drink, and start planning your next try.
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Thanks everyone! I think I've half way decided to take a break for August and September so I can try and track my ovulation by temping, just to see how the two months compare and then starting back up in October. So now I have to research good thermometers and go get one sometime this weekend so I can start temping on Monday. 

It kills me to even think about taking yet another break because we've had to do it so often in the past 2 1/2 years... but it also kills me to think of throwing another $500-$1000 down the drain because I was being too impatient to get pregnant.....
  • Sorry about AF - I hope next steps fall into place soon.

• I'm so sorry for the BFN. If you take a break, enjoy the heck out of the next two months!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry to hear this.  It's a good idea to have some time out before taking another run at it - gives you the chance to fully prepare so that you know you've done everything that you can (and a guilt-free chance to enjoy all the things you'll soon have to go without like wine/beer, soft cheese, sushi...)

Good luck for the next try hun and keep us posted :)>-

• Thanks girls! I went and bought my bbt thermometer so I'm set to go! I just have to get FF to download on my phone! Last time I tried my internet was being weird and taking forever! I'm sure I'll stick around cause I'll have millions of crazy questions about temping for sure!
  • I'm so sorry. :(
    But it looks like you have a plan in place and it sounds like a good one.
    Enjoy the rest of your summer and come back with guns a blazing!
    You will get your BFP. :-bd
    I'm 35, DW is 33
    Together since Dec 2007
    Married since 18 June 2011

TTC #1
    1st IUI - trigger, 9 July 14 at midnight, IUI - 11 July 14 at noon - BFP!!
    10 Dec 14 - Lost our Baby Girl to Hydrops & Cycstic Hygroma due to Turner Syndrome
    TTC #2
    2nd IUI - hoping to try for our Rainbow in the Spring
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"