Baby Names

Baby names we can't believe are baby names!

13»

Re: Baby names we can't believe are baby names!

• tlongtlong member
    I grew up with a Charley McCarley (girl). 
    Little Dude - Connor Michael 6/8/09
    Angel Face - Mya Brynn 12/9/11
    imageimage
  • I had a lot of students with interesting names, but by far the most interesting was Confushous.
    There is a kid who comes to the library storytime named Trot.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Cloie is an ex's daughter's name. It's not nuts, but the spelling always greatly annoyed me.
  • I knew a tae.lyr for a girl. The spelling drove me crazy. Also a family with a Rainbow and a Mountain. Another with a Skye and a Cloud...
  • Know a family with 3 boys and one girl: Remington, Caliber, Drake and Daisy (like the beebee gun)
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    I'm surprised Laquisha isn't on here yet
  • I forgot, I worked with a woman names Kafette. She told me her mom totally made it up.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

• I don't know if she went with this, because she was torn apart pretty hard. But on another board there was a woman who was dead set on Charmony (pronounced like the toilet paper). Because she and her husband respectively wanted Charlotte and Harmony. Just awful.
  • Oh oh I almost forgot! I used to work for a huge insurance company and anytime you call in I get a page with all your personal info on it. Including full legal name as it appears on your drivers license.
    In my life time I have spoken to two different women named Tijuana. I've also seen Queen Beauty (that's not FN then MN that's two first names), Precious, and Princess Diana (again both Fns).
    It's bad.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I know a woman named Dimples. My cousin is a doctor and had a patient named B'onka (Bianca).
  • Not a fake I actually worked in a child care centre with a little girl named La-a it took me hours to realise it was pronounced Ladasha I couldn't for the life of me understand why her older brother called her dash lol.
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    Just remembered, back a few years ago I came across a little kid in a kindergarten class who's name was Queenie
  • LNic5 said:
    Just remembered, back a few years ago I came across a little kid in a kindergarten class who's name was Queenie

I believe that Queenie is a very old legit name! I have heard it before
  • I process access cards at work and last month I got a request for Godbless. Which is one thing on its own, but his last name is African and looks almost like a youneek spelling of America if you're not paying attention.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• heartbot said:
    Did anyone see the latest STFU parents article on baby names? Trilyn Thr33, y'all. Those are numbers in an actual name.
    If they are in America then no, the numbers are not actually on the birth certificate. Numbers are not allowed in legal names in the US.
  • I teach and have seen kids named Precious and Pride. I knew a set of twins named diabetes and dialysis. No joke! Parents didn't speak English.they thought they sounded pretty. Ugh. And my 6 year old was in kindergarten with G-zus ( Jesus).
  • I manage apartments for a living. My favorite name I've seen recently: Supreme.
  • Georgia Savanah.

Normally this wouldn't be an issue but we live in Georgia. Why? Just why?
    Supermom to my beautiful boys Troy Marshall and Griffin Xander 

Living the dream with my wonderful man :)
  • A friend of mine met a girl named Vanilla.  I went to high school with a Dusty Rose and Burnt Sienna.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers 

• People i actually know...
    Thor last name.....aikenhead
    Sheera
    Conan
    Lyric
    Lucifer
    Justin time
    Kaiser
    Mike last name....hunt
    Ryker
    Benlee
    Mika-lee
    Jori
  • My sister honest to god had a girl in her online class named La-a, so that one isn't an urban myth. There was a little boy named "Handsome", still makes me cringe. I've also seen Brighton Early, Araya Sunshine and Brutal on the list at my hospital.
  • mle106mle106 member
    Sir Dante. On the first day of school his teacher called him Dante, to which he replied, "It's SIR Dante."

BabyFruit Ticker

• I saw on my FB that a friend of my cousin named her baby Alaxzander. Ummmm? Alax???
  • most awful names I know are just painfully yooneek spellings of words... Symphiney for example. I also saw lynxton yesterday and about died. 
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • I have a girl in my kindergarten class whose name is My Van. She is Vietnamese but still..
    Last year I had a boy named Danger.
    And the best one...
    His name is Holden Raper. Say that together... "Hold n rape her"...... Why do parents do that!?!
  • pblgepblge member
    Relative of DH named their poor baby Justinian. I wanted to stall the baby to save it from further abuse.
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • pblgepblge member
    *steal not stall. Mobile bumping.
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Donathan. Mom is donna, dad is Nathan.

• A Hmong kid who was working at Home Depot, his name tag said Thong. I have no clue how it's pronounced, but there it was, staring me in the face- THONG.
  • Donathan. Mom is donna, dad is Nathan.

pretty bad....I have posted before about a little boy named Darthaniel....they could be brothers! ;)
  • pblge said:
    Relative of DH named their poor baby Justinian. I wanted to stall the baby to save it from further abuse.
    Justinian is an old and legit name, just because you don't like a name doesn't make it awful.
  • deuxdeux member
    I just have to point out that the snopes article that says la-a doesn't exist is five years old. I'm not sure why it's hard to accept that there might actually be la-as out there now.

My contributions - Yruuah (yuh-roo-a)
    Quinn Tessence
    Misty and Dusty Roads (sisters)
  • I went to college with a Lucious Pussey (pronounced poos- ay). I heard he changed it after freshman year to Jonathon.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"