Cleveland Babies

Akron General vs. Akron City

I searched old messages and the last discussion about these hospitals was from two years ago. I'm wondering if anyone has some more recent feedback. I can choose between the two hospitals. On here, it seems that folks prefer General however on another message board site people were leaning towards City. I know you will hear good and bad about both hospitals.

Does anyone have any input about the quality of care? Are the nurses RNs vs LPNs? How new/nice are the rooms? Security? Anesthesiologists feedback (For example I heard at Fairview anesthesia is administered by the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists in training and not an actual anesthesiologist.) Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Re: Akron General vs. Akron City

• I delivered at General July 5, 2014. The staff was very supportive through the entire process. We stayed a week in the hospital due to complications & never felt like we couldn't get answers to our questions quickly. We also really liked how closely the hospital staff worked with our OB from Children's. I also recommend touring both facilities.
  • beapbeap member
    Thank you for your honest opinions ladies. It was so nice to hear good things about both. Makes me feel like either way, I can't go wrong! I'm scheduling tours for both in the next two weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered at city and did not enjoy my experience. Most of the nurses I didn't feel were friendly except a couple. I struggled majorly with breastfeeding and it was like pulling teeth to get help and then when someone did come they couldn't offer anymore advice. My son basically didn't eat the whole time he was there and screamed non stop and they didn't offer me anything to help like pumping or formula supplementing. When I asked them to take him to the nursery so I could nap for like an hr because I hadn't slept at all I felt like they made me feel like I was inconveniencing them.

I also have had friends who had great experiences there but I was the opposite.

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • I just realized this was an old post so not sure I'd you've had your baby or what you decided. Either way hope it was good :)

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"