April 2014 Moms
Options

Winter clothes

Utterly clueless and bad at math... What size should I start buying for winter? DD is 3 months + 2 weeks old and she is wearing 3-6 months and sometimes 6 months depending on the outfit. I am thinking of buying 6-12 months, but is that even a size?

Re: Winter clothes

• Options
    Winter?
  • Options
    I'm part of a Facebook group where you can buy and sell baby/kids stuff and I came across someone who is selling the cutest stuff for fall/winter. LO has been wearing clothes gifted to her still and I realized she has nothing but summer attire.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cnbeancnbean member
    I would buy either 9 or 12 month clothes. 
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There are some brands that are 6-12 mo (Gymboree, jc penny brand and some gerber, I've noticed...) Liam is still in 0-3, just starting to wear 3-6 so we have a couple long sleeve onesies in 3-6 but most of his long sleeved (besides sleepers) are 6-9/6-12.

Call me crazy, but his "wardrobe" for each size looks very similar (no shorts for winter) lots of onesies, some long sleeved onesies, pants, sleepers, a couple sweaters/jackets and a few "nice" outfits...
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My LO will be 4 months on the 7th and is wearing some 12 months right now depending on the brand. I've went as far as buying 18 and 24 months. Keeping receipts and tags on everything! My daughter is long for her age hence the bigger clothes.
  • Options
    We're at 6 mo clothing right now, and I'm expecting her to be around 12 mo this winter. We were gifted a snow suit set that's 12-18, and I think that will be perfect
  • Options
    I Haven't even thought about winter

• Options
    hlm184hlm184 member
    I miss winter.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Kiddo's first Christmas outfit was an 18-24 month one-piece from the gap. He was about 8 months old (April baby too), but he was a cloth diapered moose so we sized up for EVERYTHING due to his long rise and fluffy bum. In general, he was wearing 12-18m stuff all throughout the winter.

I actually really screwed myself with sizing T's clothes this time around because I assumed similar sizing for her. When she came out so small-to-average, I had all these long sleeved 3-6m things during July (because I had bought them thinking she'd be wearing them in the late spring).
  • Options
    My child is ginormous (he is in 12 mo right now for length) so I'm buying as he grows. If he's in 24 mo or 2T at Christmas, I will cry.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    It's really hard to know. Just wait as long as you can or size up.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Josh is just moving into 3-6 right now.  I imagine by winter he'll be somewhere in the 6-12 range.  We received a lot of hand-me-downs though so we won't be shopping for a while.  Unless it's for something specific.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    porterlove525porterlove525 member
    edited July 2014
    I also say hold off as long as you can. The closer to winter you get the more money you'll save because everything will be on sale

Eta, 1/2 my post disappeared! I had also said with DS I've been given a ton of clothes so I hold onto everything, donate what I don't need and buy whatever I need if the seasons don't quite align when the time comes. For instance DS is in 9m clothes now at 15 weeks and all of the 9m clothes we had been given were winter so I had to buy a few
    Summer/Fall pants and tshirt onesies, but all were on sale now that the summer "season" for shopping is over :)

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• Options
    DD will probably be in 6 months come fall and Probably 9 months by winter I think.  6-12 is a size..gap carries it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"