September 2013 Moms
Options

Are you making formal/professional invitations for baby's first birthday?

smlowe9311smlowe9311 member
edited July 2014 in September 2013 Moms
Our lo's 1st birthdays are approaching fast. Are you making or having made actual invitations or are you just using word of mouth to invite people?

Are you making formal/professional invitations for baby's first birthday? 105 votes

Yep have formal invitations
72% 76 votes
Nope just using word of mouth
16% 17 votes
Ss please explain
11% 12 votes

Re: Are you making formal/professional invitations for baby's first birthday?

• Options
    I voted ss because I don't know what we're doing yet. We are just having a casual get together in out backyard so formal invitations seem silly but I also kind of want to send them to have one to put in her baby book...
  • Options
    No, we're just having a small party with family and friends. No invites needed. I feel like I'm the only one doing something small.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 1.5.13 - EDD 9.5.13 - Ysabella Sofia born 9.12.13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fb group lol. Easiest way because 90% of the people that are coming have fb. We are havibg a big outdoor BBQ party so I didn't think it really needed a formal invitation.
  • Options
    ejb23ejb23 member
    I just did a quick evite because I want to have family sign up to bring stuff potluck style.

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are just doing a small BBQ, but I made invites regardless. I love all things TinyPrints. I think it's a nice keepsake for her baby book too.

• Options

No, we're just having a small party with family and friends. No invites needed. I feel like I'm the only one doing something small.

Nope ours is small too :)
  • Options
    Ss, printing my own. Made one on Snapfish and the total was $92!! No thanks that's like the total food budget
    imagephoto b8nyaejpg.gifImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    bermybabe68bermybabe68 member
    edited July 2014
    I'm printing my own. I couldn't find what I wanted online and I think I'm pretty creative.

@starscream‌ I thought that was wheezys real invite showing all your personal info until I saw 'March 2015'. Freaked me out for a second! Eta- cute invite
  • Options
    I had an digital invitation made on Etsy for $14 and then printed them through Vistaprint for $8 (I think) for 10. Obviously since I only printed 10, it will be pretty small. I was even able to get a picture of him put on the back of the invitation. I love it!
  • Options
    Af1004Af1004 member
    edited July 2014
    I'm doing invites. I wanted something special since it's the 1st birthday bit probably won't do any again. Oh and I'm making them myself printed on card stock and attaching a Butterfly cut out.

Eta typo
  • Options
    I'm doing an evite. It's just immediate family & a couple of friends. Our keepsake will be her 1 year old pictures we are having done the week before.

• Options
    I just bought invitations at the party store, nothing fancy. I'm only sending a formal invitations to the kids and any extras I'll use up but otherwise word of mouth or maybe an evite.
  • Options
    We ordered 10 invites... just for her baby book and for family members.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I voted formal but I will be making them myself at home and them printing them out at the office supply store on heavy cardstock.
    We will just be inviting family and some close friends. I am going to try to do it in my hometown 5 hrs away since we will be there already that weekend.
    I need to look into a place to have it!

• Options
    I just did an FB invite. It's mostly families from our mommy group. All of our family lives out of the area and I wanted to have some kind of celebration.

• Options
    I'm doing them with a designer on Etsy but she's not been great so far which makes me regret not having my friend do them. I just fell in love with a design so wanted to go with it. Hopefully i'll be able to send them out this week. I think we'll have about 30 people or so so not big but i may be going just a little nutty :)
  • Options
    I voted ss. We will do evites.
  • Options
    Doing formal invites. It's a BBQ in a park but I am going all out with themed decor and menus so formal invites seem appropriate
  • Options
    Ajboocher come back come back
  • Options
    We did formal invites for family and did a FB invite for our friends.  I designed them myself and had them printed at costco. 
  • Options
    I wasn't, but I looked at vistaprint last night. I'm tempted.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm not having a party. It'll just be me, LO, and DH

But I do find it fascinating how different everyone's version of a "small" party is. I always thought small (for a birthday party) was 10 or fewer guests, and large was 20-30+ but I guess that's not the case.
    EDD 9/3/13
  • Options
    ewiwooewiwoo member
  • Options
    @ewiwoo Those look amazing! Sooo cute!
  • Options
    ewiwooewiwoo member
    @Salemkitty13 Thanks!! so easy to make!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"