June 2014 Moms

Ohmygod I'm a mom

Share your "wtf I'm actually someone's mom" moments - good or bad
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ohmygod I'm a mom

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't had my moment yet. I obviously know I am a mom but I haven't had my omg I am a mom moment. I still think of myself as Taylor, singular person, wife but not mommy yet. Reading this thread made me realize I haven't had that moment yet.
  • brls2003 said:

my moment was when my mom referred to me as mommy when talking to my LO.

Yep, that was weird!
  • QT3.14QT3.14 member
    jmar2011 said:

My moment- filling out the birth certificate form and it asked for "mother's name" and I put my mom's. Then it asked for address and I was like "wtf?! Why does it matter what HER address is?!" .... *facepalm*

I had a similar experience at the ped. I was filling out the paperwork and it asks for family medical history and I started listing all of the various cancers, diseases, etc of my grandparents instead of LO's. It didn't ask for her great grandparent's (duh). I could have saved a lot of time there.
  • bear12bear12 member
    I havent really had an OMG mom moment. I have had similar situations as other people like with health forms and stuff and looking around for my mom instead of being the mom. And also saying "my daughter" but it just hasnt clicked yet. I almost dont believe it. She is almost 7 weeks so I would have thought it would click by now especially being home with her all day.
  • The moment my mom handed me my baby.
  • bear12 said:

I havent really had an OMG mom moment. I have had similar situations as other people like with health forms and stuff and looking around for my mom instead of being the mom. And also saying "my daughter" but it just hasnt clicked yet. I almost dont believe it. She is almost 7 weeks so I would have thought it would click by now especially being home with her all day.

Totally me!
  • Being introduced to someone new and having them say "oh you are Abby's mom" and me being elated to be known as such
  • When I just left the car lot with a RAV4 when I really wanted a Pruis bc the stroller wouldn't fit.
  • My husband put on Kindergarden Cop and I cried my eyes out during every scene in the class room with the kids.  DD had fallen asleep on the sofa in the room with us and I made DH put her on my lap so I could snuggle her.  School starts Monday and she is crazy excited.  My baby is not a baby anymore. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"