2nd Trimester
Options

AFP Levels very high, input?

I just got off the phone with my doctor, those nightmare phone calls that leave you feeling more lost and alone then before. He told me all of my quad screening came back good but one. I tested positive for spina bifida. My numbers were 4.01 thats a 1:26. He has ordered me a follow up ultrasound. Has anyone experienced this? & came out just fine? I know my numbers are drastically high, I attached a pic of my 9wk maybe someone can see something. Im currently 18 weeks pregant and only 20 years old.

Re: AFP Levels very high, input?

• Options
    I responded to you on the high risk board.

• Options
    I don't know anything about this, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry you got scary news and are feeling alone. I can't imagine what you are feeling right now, but I am hoping for the very best for you and your baby.
    Married 11/2008. Started TTC January 2014.
    BFP 3/30/14. <3 EDD 12/4/14
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also have a high AFP level. I am pg with twins but it's still high even with twins. The drs brought me in for a level II u/s. It showed no abnormalities. But it can also mean a placenta problem which are difficult to see on an u/s.

I will continue to have u/s every 4 wks. to check for proper growth. I am still worried about there being an issue but I can't do anything to change it so I might as well enjoy my pregnancy.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"