April 2014 Moms
Options

Funny PSA re: CO detectors

We have a CO detector in DD's room.  It has been in there since the room was a guest room.  The other night I was nursing her in the glider, she had fallen asleep, and all of the sudden the alarm starts going off.  I call DH up and carry DD (who is still sound asleep by the way) out of the room.  He unplugs the alarm, resets it, and plugs it back in downstairs.  It stops beeping.  Then he opens the windows in DD's room, takes another CO alarm that we have and plugs it into her wall.  That one does not go off either. 

We are kind of panicked, but it does not make sense that there would be CO in DD's room and nowhere else in the house. So he pulls out the manual and it turns out you are not supposed to plug the alarm in anywhere near a diaper pail because the methane gas emitted can cause a false alarm.  Also, since I have been back at work, we are not filling the pail nearly as often so the pail does not get emptied as often and therefore the diapers are sitting longer (ewwww).  Since the alarm was already in there when we turned the room into the nursery, we had read the instructions ages ago and did not even think about it.

So anyway, if you have a CO detector in your LO's room make sure it is on the opposite side of the room and you empty the diaper pail often.  :-)

Re: Funny PSA re: CO detectors

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"