North Carolina Babies
Options

Teething and equilibrium

DD is teething lately and we noticed she's gotten really clumsy. She's stumbling and falling more than normal. Does teething affect equilibrium? Or should I be worried about some crazy neurological disorder?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Teething and equilibrium

• Options

Is she showing any signs of an ear infection by chance?  Sometimes that will cause issues. 

Also, has she had a growth spurt recently?  Ben gets very clumsy right after a growth spurt because his proportion to objects is different.

But maybe teething is causing pressure in her ears or something?  It is probably nothing but always go with your gut of course :)

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAngelPack:

Is she showing any signs of an ear infection by chance?  Sometimes that will cause issues. 

Also, has she had a growth spurt recently?  Ben gets very clumsy right after a growth spurt because his proportion to objects is different.

But maybe teething is causing pressure in her ears or something?  It is probably nothing but always go with your gut of course :)

I haven't noticed any signs of an ear infection, and I don't think she's had a growth spurt. But, those are definitely good suggestions. We think it's probably nothing, but I'll mention it at her next doc appt in a couple of weeks. Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wyatt has had some bouts of random clumsy times. Apparently it's normal as their bodies are changing. Probably just something along those lines Smile Drives us a little bonkers, but seems to pass.
  • Options
    I have also noticed clumsy times with Jocelyn too, enough that I have wondered what the heck is going on. She would fall down, stumble, trip, bump into things. It just happened around 2 years for her, and she was tripping a lot. Very weird, it stopped and I never thought about it again (until now). It must have something to do with their fine motor skills developing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"