Trouble TTC
Options

AF and Provera

For those of you who have taken a course of Provera to bring on AF, what was your timeline?  I had a 10 day course of Provera and was told AF would come 2-3 days after finishing that.  It's been just over 2 weeks since I started the drug, but nothing yet.  Was it 5-6 days for some of you? 

I'm really anxious because I haven't been able to finish my testing without getting AF (it's been over 2 months since I had a period).

Thanks all!

Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
TTC since November 2013 
First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
All Welcome

Re: AF and Provera

• Options
    I took Provera once and I started a period about 3 days later. Last time I took prometrium (similar) and I didn't start a period until 11 days later. My RE said to call after 14 days from stopping the pills if nothing has happened. I understand the waiting is frustrating!
    ***********siggy warning **********

Me: 26 DH: 27
    TTC #1 Since Aug. 2013
    Cycle 1: O CD 25=bfn
    Cycle 2: O CD 48=bfn
    Cycle 3: Anovulatory/Provera =120 days!
    Cycle 4: Anovulatory/Prometrium=127 days! RE consult 6/16
    Me: Anov/poss. pcos?  HSG=normal/SA= Normal 
    July/Aug. 2014= Femara+trigger+TI=BFP!!
    Beta #1@ 16dpo=626!! Beta #2=1510
    Ultrasound @ 5w6d=heartbeat at 110!
    Ultrasound @ 6w6d =heartbeat at 131!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    It was almost 2 weeks after the last pill for me to get my period with Provera.  With Prometrium, its about 3-4 days after the last pill.

Me: 30, PCOS-non IR, Annovulatory; DH: 31, SA normal :)
    Testing Completed! HSG Clear, Ovarian Reserve score 17, Elevated Testosterone, everything else normal so far
     Clomid 150mg + HCG + IUI #1 May/June 2014 (BFN)
    Clomid 150 mg + HCG + IUI #2 July 2014 (BFN)
    Femara 2.5mg + Estrace + HCG + IUI #3 Cancelled d/t no response
    Moving on to IVF with ICSI after break to lose weight.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, that is frustrating.  The one time I took progesterone to start my period, After about 7 days (of a 10 day supply), my period started.  But my doctor said it could take 3-4 days after completion for it to start.
  • Options
    Katherine0Katherine0 member
    edited July 2014
    I didn't have af for 4+ months and I took the provera, 10 days and af was usually the right on day 10 of the pills. After 2 rounds of the provera, af came by itself. I know everyone is different but hopefully for you too it won't take long for your cycles to get regular. Just one less med to take but it makes the world of difference :) also agree with Naria, I would call if af isn't here and see that they say.
  • Options

Thanks ladies.  When I spoke with the nurse from my RE office when the doc decided to call it in she made it sounds like it would really only be 2-3 days after I stopped the pills.  I figure I'll wait until tomorrow or Friday, since I took the last pill last Thursday night, and call if there's still nothing.  I don't want to be a crazed person who calls the moment something doesn't happen just the way they said, but I definitely also hate this waiting!

Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• Options
    10 days last round of provera.  10 hot flashing, make me bitchy days.  

****SIGGY WARNING****

Hashimoto's with irregular cycles  DH- 37 Severe oligoasthenoteratozoospermia

TTC since May 2012

HSG- all clear

March 2014 - RE appt. 
    April 2014- Saline sono all's good, terrible SA results - 8 sperm found all abnormal
    May 2014- Fert Urology- Bilateral varicoceles, recommend Donor Sperm
    12/2014-  Surprise natural BFP  EDD 7/31/15 Plan:  Starting foster to adoption, natural cycles

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"