November 2014 Moms
Options

Really cool "swing" seat for baby

Hey so my friend works for a baby supply company and showed me this super cool new item: the Mamaroo swing seat for baby. It's tagline is "moves like you do." I thought it was super cool...it has a "car" setting for little ones who like to sleep in the car! I want one - I wonder if it comes in adult size? ;)

https://www.4moms.com/mamaroo (<--- check out the video!)

Also, this playyard is a bit pricey but also has amazingly quick set-up (as experienced by my friend when she demoed it at work):

https://www.4moms.com/breeze
October Challenge: How I feel about the 3rd trimester:

Throwback: Hubby and I on our first date (Nov 2007), and then again on our wedding day (Nov 2012)

Re: Really cool &quot;swing&quot; seat for baby

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mamaluzimamaluzi member
    edited July 2014
    MrsG1019 said:
    Ok.  Thanks for the commercial for 4moms!
    Ditto. & considering this "new" product (mamaroo) has been out for over 5 years .. It's not that "new"
    Sorry...I didn't know :-/ I was just excited and wanted to share...

Throwback: Hubby and I on our first date (Nov 2007), and then again on our wedding day (Nov 2012)

• Options
    NLJ82NLJ82 member
    I'm too cheap for that personally but I'd never seen  it before and it looks neat. Thanks :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think this stuff is super cute. 

(And not that my opinion matters... but I don't find this post spammy.  OP is around here pretty often...  and she was up front in saying her friend works for a supply company.  Personally, I like seeing products beyond Graco and Fisher Price.  A 5 year old company is new compared to those old standbys.)
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    I saw these (or something similar) at BRU. I don't remember the price but I remember thinking...for a swing?! No thanks. I'd rather spend the money on diapers, too lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ElinJElinJ member
    We bought one used on Ebay. Sold it not long after because it did absolutely nothing for DS. I think he needed a more vigorous swing. Perhaps if we had started it since birth, and not 8 weeks, but… yeah, too pricy. I was sucked in by the marketing videos first time. At least I didn't pay full price, and recouped most of my money when we resold on Craigslist!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My nieces had this swing and to be honest I was really unimpressed by it. Yeah, it's kind of neat looking, but I don't think it's features make it better than other swings. My BIL and SIL got rid of it pretty quickly, so I'm thinking it didn't really do the trick in keeping their babies entertained either.
  • Options
    kstirtonkstirton member
    edited July 2014

We actually bought one used for $75.00 my husband thought it was the coolest thing, and so did my 3 month old niece. She pretty much sat in it when we weren't holding her or she wasn't sleeping and she was happy as a clam. :)

Edit to include: It was the 2010 model so if you find an older model that's cheaper they are still just as cool!! :)

• Options
    I have been looking at them every time we go into BRU but $249 is a little much. I'm worried we won't get much use out of it for the price. Plus I still have (& love) the swing we had for DD1. If I can find a REALLY good price, I might consider. But my money is on probably not lol
  • Options
    I wouldn't buy it new. These things are available "like new" all over Craigslist etc. I bought a four month old one with a receipt for $100. Will be able to sell it for that when we are done with it.
  • Options
    I bought one on Craigslist!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It struck me as new, too. Maybe for some of us FTMs, it's new bc we are not all up to date on baby items. I am torn between this 4Moms "swing" and the regular swing. It seems one won't know until baby is born and you find out what he/she likes. Buy Buy Baby store rep said 4Moms is more popular. More expensive, yes, but it does several kinds of different movements -- albeit somewhat difficult to distinguish between
  • Options
    you can use a 20% off coupon at BBB for it!
  • Options
    I know several people that have this and love it so we plan to get one! My husband and I checked it out at Babies R Us and it looked pretty cool. A bit pricey but it's our first so we are probably buying a lot of stuff that is to expensive or we really won't need.
  • Options
    I know I registered for it! :)

If I don't get it at the shower, I'll probably look for it myself on Craigslist. On my registry, I made a note about that lol - maybe someone will go CL searching for me ;)

• Options
    Speaking of oprah give always, Ellen totally gave this away on Mother's Day lol
  • Options
    I would love one...if I could get it used for cheap. They must not be very popular around here. The only one I saw "used" on CL was $160! Yeaaaah, not paying that much for a used swing. 

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I LOVE MY MAMAROO!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    I have one on my registry that I'm thinking we might get for LO. I have friends who have one and they said it was a lifesaver. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"